What's the weather like where you are?

madison

^ Whenever the sun has actually come out in the last 9 months or so it actually hurts my eyes, I've had so little exposure to it!

amie, wow I guess chillumpuffer is right...I don't know English weather very well. We had a newspaper here that folded in the 1980's but had been around since 1910 and they would give a free newspaper to everyone if the sun didn't shine that day (it was an evening paper). In the 70 years or so of publication they only had to make good on that 296 times (had to check wiki for that little nugget). My math is lousy but I think that is about 3 days a year avearge, no sun. But we also have brutal humidity and heat in our summers too. :(

And I love England. They have so many things we don't have claim to. For example, London is where the greatest fashions ever originated (and still do, imo). Not to mention the castles and a Queen and oh yeah...where the greatest band ever hails from, Led Zeppelin. I guess we could add The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and a few others to that golden list. I'd love to visit sometime, rainy or not....a beautiful destination. :) Missy

Hello cm, have no tears, sending sunshine your way. May only be virtual, but perhaps the real thing will come along too!

Thanks Kate, You have a great attitude. Now if we could only convert that to some sun! :D

Hi there and thanks, good to see you too.

Hey, you forgot to say what the weather is like where you are! Do tell. :)

Oh, rub all that sunshine in : ) It is snowing, big fluffy flakes. Pretty, but not so much when you have to shovel and drive in it.

amie, wow I guess chillumpuffer is right...I don't know English weather very well. We had a newspaper here that folded in the 1980's but had been around since 1910 and they would give a free newspaper to everyone if the sun didn't shine that day (it was an evening paper). In the 70 years or so of publication they only had to make good on that 296 times (had to check wiki for that little nugget). My math is lousy but I think that is about 3 days a year avearge, no sun. But we also have brutal humidity and heat in our summers too. :(

And I love England. They have so many things we don't have claim to. For example, London is where the greatest fashions ever originated (and still do, imo). Not to mention the castles and a Queen and oh yeah...where the greatest band ever hails from, Led Zeppelin. I guess we could add The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and a few others to that golden list. I'd love to visit sometime, rainy or not....a beautiful destination. :) Missy

Hi Missy, we have had a lot of rain here the last 9 months or so, even by our fairly wet standards! But one thing we Brits all love to do is moan about the weather (even when we have a heat wave we all complain about that too!)..

But yeah I love it here for all the reasons you mentioned - you should visit one day! :)

Love your newspaper story btw!

Edited by amie1974

Weather here is fine...for winter.

I did want to say to Planted and jb and everyone up in New England - take care of yourselves. If you see Jim Cantore on your street, it's time to get the hell out of Dodge! :)

Really, be careful.

ebk - what is this all about?

I am just kidding of course. It's all we've been hearing about for the last few days. I stop at a market after the gym most weekdays, and I'm there early enough that there are maybe a handful of customers and one or two cashiers working. This morning the market had the same number of cashiers but lines of 10+ people with overflowing carts. The madness has begun.

Thanks for thinking of us!

I'm sitting here watching a snow storm begin. It's supposed to be the biggest one in five years with a 30cm snowfall in the city. Tomorrow will be a good reading day here.

Don't envy you Torontonions today ! In Vancouver,we're looking at mixed sun / cloud and a rather balmy 8c :P:D

Lucky you. I miss winter in Vancouver, more rain than London but lovely. Never got how overcast bothers some folks.

I'm fine with overcast too. Hope you don't get snowed in but then again, that can be cool too :yay: