What's the weather like where you are?

madison

While you northern hemisphere people are freezing your lil butt's off, we're sweltering through an incredibly hot summer. Many parts of the country are averaging 40 to 48C/ 104 to119F temps, with a few towns reaching 50C/ 122F ...... even I can't comprehend that sort of heat.

Luckily I live right on the coast, so my temperatures haven't reached past about 38C/100F ..... yet. January is our hottest month, so stay tuned for me whinging about melting in the heat soon ..... hahaha

uuummmmm ...... Can you tell me why you took Gumby to the beach with you?

He was a stowaway in my backpack. Since I hadn't taken him anywhere since my New England trip, I felt sorry for the little fellow and let him out to enjoy the sun, sand, and surf. Gumby says "Hi!" CP!

Hello to Gumby also man. How wonderful to swim in the water with blue skies above? The CP's are mulling over where to go this month. Barbados? The Canaries? Spain or maybe a city break. Can't decide.

Weather again grey and cold. Amazing it's kept dry.

And Whoopie: You are an ex Pom. So, you wouldn't be you unless you are complaining about the weather !

He was a stowaway in my backpack. Since I hadn't taken him anywhere since my New England trip, I felt sorry for the little fellow and let him out to enjoy the sun, sand, and surf. Gumby says "Hi!" CP!

So Gumpy just kind of snuck into your backpack and hid down the bottom under your apple and bottle of water.

Then, when you reach for refreshments, you discovered the sneaky stow away ..... felt guilty for recently negleting him and decided to lather him in sunscreen, throw some bathers on and let him share your day of sun and sand? :suntan:

:wacko:

:lol:

And Whoopie: You are an ex Pom. So, you wouldn't be you unless you are complaining about the weather !

sssshhhhhhhhhhhh ....... we don't talk too loudly about my place of birth.

And my weather has been brilliantly perfect lately, but it's bound to heat up soon enough and thats when you'll hear me whinging :D

edit, because I can't spell

Edited by Whoopie Cat

Just turn on ESPN right now and you can see for yourself. They're broadcasting from the Rose Bowl in Pasadena for the BCS championship game, so you can see the sun and blue skies...feel the warmth coming thru your television screen.

Sounds nice Strider! We should have that weather back here by this weekend.

Today the weather is changing - rapidly! This morning it was 80, then the dark clouds rolled in and brought high winds....now it's maybe 60. Tonight it's supposed to be 31, with wind chill in the 20's. Tomorrow it's not gonna get out of the 40's, with wind chill in the 30's! I know you current northern dwelling folks think we are pussies down here about the "cold" weather we rarely receive - but I lived in upstate NY for 16 years and have felt the 20 below temps. In the 30's here is a lot colder feeling than 30's up there, IMO. But when you're talking below zero temps, that trumps all! Be safe everyone up north - hope it warms up soon!!!

19° F and plummeting.

Temp has dropped about 15° since sunset.

Expected to get down to about 9° actual tonight.

And let me tell ya - that's freakin' cold for Georgia.

Had a pretty kickass fire in the fireplace most of the night, but now getting ready for bed.

Stay warm, all!

So far it's been practically winterless here in Phoenix. It gets a little cold in the wee hours in the morning and lasts until about 9am. I wear a jacket and gloves when I bicycle to work in the morning but wish I didn't have the jacket after work.