What's the weather like where you are?

madison

- 13 degrees this morning, with a wind chill approaching - 40 below. It's colder in Motown than the North or South Pole, and by golly it feels like it too. Felt like I was driving a truck made of cement this morning. Watched a guy in my rear-view do 2 perfect 360s behind me and end up perfectly lined up and stopped at the light. We just smiled at each other.

A lovely winters day today. Blue sky and temp + 7. We have had sans snow this year and we only have a couple of months to go. Please, please keep this weather as it is.

Shhhhsh...Commentators curse and all that..lol.

Luckily I live right on the coast, so my temperatures haven't reached past about 38C/100F ..... yet. January is our hottest month, so stay tuned for me whinging about melting in the heat soon ..... hahaha

Whoopie: You are an ex Pom. So, you wouldn't be you unless you are complaining about the weather !

Ok, now i'm whinging!

The previous few days have been hot, but the next 2 days ....... around 46C/115F .... plus.

Unfortunately, there will be strong warm winds in parts of the country and a massive potential bush fire problem. Hopefully we can avoid it this year.

Same ol same ol Aussie January!

Ok, now i'm whinging!

The previous few days have been hot, but the next 2 days ....... around 46C/115F .... plus.

Unfortunately, there will be strong warm winds in parts of the country and a massive potential bush fire problem. Hopefully we can avoid it this year.

Same ol same ol Aussie January!

those poor bastards in SA and VIC ....... i can't imagine 46 degree heat ..... omg! :sos: :faint1: :veryhot:

those poor bastards in SA and VIC ....... i can't imagine 46 degree heat ..... omg! :sos: :faint1: :veryhot:

I experienced 44.3 degree heat down here a few years ago. It was literally like being inside an oven. Every breath felt like it was burning right down into my lungs and I found myself only taking short, shallow breaths. My face was bright red and my eyes were squinting, trying to avoid the intense heat that was penetrating my into my eyeballs. Every body movement was an effort.

I don't know how people live in that sort of heat, let alone work, or heaven forbid, play tennis in the sun (Australian Open) through extreme temps like that.

Well hopefully your brother in law shared those nice long cool ones with you .... under that full blasting air con.

My daughter is down in Melbourne, she says it's unbearable and Reggie is out west in Sydney, where they've been copping serious heat too.

Stay cool guys!

Well hopefully your brother in law shared those nice long cool ones with you .... under that full blasting air con.

My daughter is down in Melbourne, she says it's unbearable and Reggie is out west in Sydney, where they've been copping serious heat too.

Stay cool guys!

Hi Whoopie,nah,I gave him the tallies to take home and enjoy.

Yep,Melbourne's sweltering and Sydney's not much better.You can believe I'll be staying cooler than before.