What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Hello Bayougal- Yes I remember Hurricane contraflow nightmare. Nice of you to think about me....and Planted and Rick,I feel for you right now. These winter storms just keep coming this year. :freezing: Stay safe :-)

We are cloudy and chilly in Atlanta but compared to this time last week it's heaven!

We have had the strangest of winters. Usually we have at least a covering of snow - mainly from January to March. But this year sans snow - not even a frost. But on the downside it has been incredibly wet and stormy. A succession of storms have travelled across the Atlantic and dumped inches of rain almost daily. It has been non stop. The South West of England is under water, bridges, homes swept away and flooded. The "Jet Stream" apparently is stuck and will remain so for all of February at least. This means there will be no let up in the endless grey and wet stuff. Our Golf course has been closed more than open and I really feel for the folks down south. We can only hope for a change and we have at least a few days of dryness.

Thankfully we had a week of sun for our Golfing trip in Portugal. It was a real tonic to feel the sun on your face.

Absolutely appalling. Gale force south westerly and driving heavy rain. This must be the worst winter ever for Atlantic storms. One after another has left swathes of England under feet of water and the forecast is for more to come, lasting to mid March at the earliest. I feel for the folk in the South but that stupid Cameron man! In the south west people have been pleading for help since December and it has fallen on deaf ears. But hey now it is effecting the bastion of Conservatism: The South East. What a surprise that the army is now helping and our great PM has pledged "Money is no object". Well tell that to starving families or pensioners who can barely heat their homes or cancer patients who need life supporting drugs. The guys a total knob head who only protects his own. Climate change is here to stay and the Greens have been saying this for years. Start building your Arks folks, because this is here to stay

Massive, brutal ice storm - at least for our area.
37,000 without power in Georgia so far, and probably just as many - if not more - across the river in South Carolina.
Power went out for about an hour and a half, but back on now.

Charging every iPhone, tablet and laptop we have in case it goes back out, LOL.

2 very large limbs have cracked and fallen from our trees.

Work cancelled today and tomorrow, and I had already taken off Friday for Valentine's Day with Mrs. O.

Add to that Monday is President's Day, and I don't go back to work until next Tuesday - a 6 day break!

Major w00t-age.

Massive, brutal ice storm - at least for our area.

37,000 without power in Georgia so far, and probably just as many - if not more - across the river in South Carolina.

Power went out for about an hour and a half, but back on now.

Charging every iPhone, tablet and laptop we have in case it goes back out, LOL.

2 very large limbs have cracked and fallen from our trees.

Work cancelled today and tomorrow, and I had already taken off Friday for Valentine's Day with Mrs. O.

Add to that Monday is President's Day, and I don't go back to work until next Tuesday - a 6 day break!

Major w00t-age.

Yikes! Ice storms are worse than snow/blizzards,......terrible!

We are suppose to get 3-6" of snow tomorrow.Then again the weather-weeines said that the last time! LOL!

DALLAS ~ SNOWING ~ 16 DEGREES F :)

About a week ago we had 75 mph wind gusts at the Enumclaw Middle School weather station and it got down to minus 14. A few days later we had snow and now it's in the 50's. Craziest weather I've ever seen. :blink: