What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Run to the hills, CP!

El Niño is supposed to finally make its presence felt, according to the weatherman. Rain is forecast for three of the next four days in Los Angeles. Crossing fingers that it is true. By jove, we need the rain.

Can't get more in the hills than where I live. Another dull damp day

The ground has been wet here in Phoenix since yesterday, but I have not seen any rain hitting the ground. Well I did feel a little, but it was barely anything. Someone said they seen it dropping, but it was more like snow, not rain, like snow melting from up high and melting as it comes down.

Edited by luvlz2

Well snow has finally arrived in upstate NY in a very strange winter, the strangest in my life.  Looking out the backyard its nice to see my Cardinals have returned to my feeders with my Woodpeckers too.  I have like 5 feeders out between house feeders and suet.  6 squirrels in my tree and many birds that come regularly including George, a Cardinal I have named.  In the summer the Goldfinch's will return.  

6 hours ago, Virginia said:

Bracing for the snowmageddon! The Commonwealth pretty much shuts down when it snows more than 3-4".  I'm sure we'll lose the internet so see you next week!

The flurries and dusting tonight caused my commute to triple to 3 hours!  No one around here deals with weather very well...dammit.

1 minute ago, ebk said:

The flurries and dusting tonight caused my commute to triple to 3 hours!  No one around here deals with weather very well...dammit.

How's it goin' E? My commute time doubled as well.

I drove by your place coming home. Nothing but ice. Slip & slide. :) 

That's the first time I've ever seen an accident happen. Right in front of me. Dude slid into a lady stopped ahead of him at the stop sign.

Be careful if you're around on Friday/Saturday.

Best to you and yours.

5 hours ago, ScarletMacaw said:

For real?! How do you live--what do you wear to go outdoors and how much does it cost to heat your home?

If you spend longer periods of time outside then layered clothing is the key. Heating is included in the rent so I pay the same amount whether it's +30 or -30.