What's the weather like where you are?

madison

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Keyboard Warrior 

I wouldn't classify you in that category, you're just passionate about what you speak about.  There are far too many others that are ultimately just here to fight and looking for the opportunity to do so.

The days have been sunny but the nights are getting chill,time to hook up the trailer and drive over the hill  :rollin:

I've got 2 sharp chains and petrol to spare,plus a hat for my head and safety glasses I wear :ph34r:

The particle mask goes on so I don't breathe wood dust,or else in my lungs it would cause a crust :o

I'll fire up the chainsaw to cut the first load of the year,then bring it back home grinning ear to ear :D

I'll chuck it in my woodshed then on steak I shall dine,and afterwards get bent on weed,cider and wine :drunk::oops:

The year's first few loads are fun to be sure but by the end of Winter that shit's a bore :'(

(The author requests that replies containing "The Lumberjack Song" be limited to nil) 

18 hours ago, Walter said:

I wouldn't classify you in that category, you're just passionate about what you speak about.  There are far too many others that are ultimately just here to fight and looking for the opportunity to do so.

Thanks, Walter! That's very kind of you. :friends: But, my passionate (and sometimes rather prickly) points of view, do get me into quite a bit of trouble, sometimes! :lol: 

BTW, I hope your family home project is going well! I just saw your post on the Happy thread and I wanted to say congratulations and good luck on your new family home! :D 

Well the continuation of the winter shows no sign of abating. -4 last night and I have just got in from my cycle ride and it is snowing - again ! It is not settling but yesterday we had the mother of  snow storm and the forecast is no better. So what gives? December - February @ 12-16 degrees c. April barely 6 c and bleeding freezing:freezing: 

Well what a typical Spring day today. It started off unsurprisingly with a grey sky, flakes of snow and a hard frost.  Then, quite by chance a light appeared over the grey. Children were heard screaming, locals pointing upward to the sky and animals went into hiding - it was the sun !! But as quick as it appeared the dark blanket enveloped the hills and it's been pissing it down ever since. It is not expected to stop until July 2016 ( if we are lucky)

Imagine thousands of people standing in torrential rain. On purpose.  There is immediate flooding in the area due to recent downpours. And there is mud and lots of it. The mud doesn't smell that great because this is the fairgrounds. 

Welcome to Jazz Fest. ;) 

Rain and mud are par for the course at Jazz Fest, but today's rain included high winds and lightning, so they've canceled for the evening. No Stevie Wonder. But it was a sight to see Dr John and the Nite Trippers belting it out while the rain poured on the piano and splashed the drums. :o  

9 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Imagine thousands of people standing in torrential rain. On purpose.  There is immediate flooding in the area due to recent downpours. And there is mud and lots of it. The mud doesn't smell that great because this is the fairgrounds. 

Welcome to Jazz Fest. ;) 

Rain and mud are par for the course at Jazz Fest, but today's rain included high winds and lightning, so they've canceled for the evening. No Stevie Wonder. But it was a sight to see Dr John and the Nite Trippers belting it out while the rain poured on the piano and splashed the drums. :o  

Mud Fest DD?

It is just too hot to give a damn about anything anymore! I usually love warm weather, but this is getting ridiculous. I seem to be feeling tired all the time, from the moment I get out of bed in the morning and I don't seem to have any energy whatsoever, to enjoy the activities that I normally enjoy doing, so much! :(