What's the weather like where you are?

madison

4 hours ago, Walter said:

A brisk morning in central Florida.  51 with a breeze, feels like 46 temp.  Beautiful sunrise at casa de Walter

image.jpg

What is that strobe type of glow through the trees? Something not seen 'round 'ere !

Dark and horrible here as usual. Fuck only 4 months to go before the light returns

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

In Bangalore !!!!!! You should try living here or where Marlam lives. What temperature constitutes freezing then love?

It's not the temperature as such, CP! It is that infamous icy blast of air that is out to get you at night and during the morning, till around 9 AM or so. Hell, I go to sleep every night now, with my quilt and blanket. I'm not taking any more chances as I have just recovered from an annoying bout of the flu. In the mornings, my mom and I get up and practically rush to put our sweaters on and my dad just acts as if nothing is amiss and refers to the air as 'pleasant and comfortable'! :wacko: Lucky sod! :lol: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

BANGALORE IS GIVING YOU THE HOT-&-COLD TREATMENT

Bangalore Mirror Bureau | Nov 15, 2016, 04.00 AM IST

By: Ranadeep Chakraborty

Wonky weather is not new to Bengaluru anymore. While the summer saw new highs, now it’s the winter’s turn to pop a few surprises. Noticed how sweltering the mid-day sun has been and how nippy the night? Meteorologists say, for this time of the year, the day temperature has gone up by 2-3 degree centigrade, while the night temperature has dipped by the same margin.

On Sunday afternoon, the mercury level touched a record 31 degree centigrade, the highest in the last 10 years (for this time of the year). The normal temperature would ideally be 27 degrees.

The sudden change in climatic conditions has even baffled meteorologists. The last-recorded highest temperature was in 2002 when it touched 31.7 degrees and then in 2006 when it hovered around 30 degrees.

THE EXPLANATION

GS Srinivasa Reddy, director of Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre, attributed the change to the absence of north-east monsoons. “Usually, November is characterised by cloudy weather due to north-east monsoon, which brings enough moisture by sweeping over Bay of Bengal. And so, it is quite cold. This year, not only is the north-east monsoon delayed, but there is absolutely no wind movement from east to south. Hence, we are witnessing oscillating temperature.”

According to experts, two back-to-back depressions over Bay of Bengal are the main reason for the current condition. “Due to these depressions, the moist winds have been blowing towards the north. We have been witnessing wind movement from north to south. Wind passing over a land mass lacks moisture. Had the same wind passed over the Bay of Bengal, it would have carried some moisture. Due to this, the days have become hotter,” Reddy explained. 

While the winter days have become hotter, nights have become colder. “While the wind direction during day is from north to south, the same winds are changing their direction during the evening hours and moving from east to west with slight moisture content. This condensation has affected the minimum temperature. Due to the due effect, nights in Bengaluru have become colder than usual this year. In fact, the night temperature has fallen 2 to 3 degrees below normal,” Reddy said.

Experts said this would likely continue till the month-end with a couple of spells of rain in Malnad and coastal areas of Karnataka. “We are witnessing the formation of a trough off the coast of Lakshadweep. This would bring scattered rain in Malnad and coastal areas of Karnataka. There will be a slight dip in temperature too,” added Reddy.

Yesterday morning it was 42 and sunny.  That afternoon a cold front came through and temps dropped to 29 and the wind gusted up to 45 mph.  This morning it was 7 degrees and cloudy and we have ANOTHER cold front sweeping through now that is supposed to drop temps even more (a high tomorrow of 21) and 3-6 inches of snow by 7 AM!

Tomorrow's commute is gonna SUCK!