What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Whiteout this morn, snow everywhere. Not the dry powdery stuff we had last week brought in by the "beast from the east", but 'orrible sticky wet stuff. Looks like it  might turn to rain so hopefully it'll all wash away..

8 hours ago, JTM said:

Whiteout this morn, snow everywhere. Not the dry powdery stuff we had last week brought in by the "beast from the east", but 'orrible sticky wet stuff. Looks like it  might turn to rain so hopefully it'll all wash away..

Yeah got a bit this morning. Funny as it didn't effect the South East the Met office didn't bother to dish out the weather warnings like they did last week. If it doesn't have an impact in London or the South east, everyone can go fuck themselves

26 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Yeah got a bit this morning. Funny as it didn't effect the South East the Met office didn't bother to dish out the weather warnings like they did last week. If it doesn't have an impact in London or the South east, everyone can go fuck themselves

Today's snow was a surprise,  was not expecting the sight of the two inches I had upon opening the curtains,  I did not catch the forecast yesterday, anyway by 2.30 pm it was all gone and the pavements  and roads were dry..

• 2 weeks later...

Another wet, miserable day in Greysville. Shit, is has been raining everyday from my last post on 27th March !! I was talking to a few of the old guys at the club recently and they have never known it this bad ever. Constantly cloudy, wet and cold. Climate change is here and it ain't getting any better. Me and Mrs CP were talking last evening and we couldn't remember the last time we saw the sun ! Portugal in November we reckoned :wacko:

No growth in the garden and it's like a mud bath - might get some Buffalo in ! Our golf course is flooded and will not open for the foreseeable future. I still have the heating on and I'm nearly out of logs. Nearly £150 this year on wood and I still need to score some more.

Forecast? The same !:(

It's throwing it down again, absolutely hissing it. Yesterday there was a glimmer of hope that spring had sprung, a beautiful day, washing on the line instead of in the dryer. My gardens have been "bogs" now for over six months, I don't think I've been able to cut the grass since the end of September, depressing...

5 hours ago, JTM said:

It's throwing it down again, absolutely hissing it. Yesterday there was a glimmer of hope that spring had sprung, a beautiful day, washing on the line instead of in the dryer. My gardens have been "bogs" now for over six months, I don't think I've been able to cut the grass since the end of September, depressing...

Even worse here man. It's fucking freezing ! Yes I saw the sun yesterday, albeit briefly. Apparently the authorities were brought in as young children thought it was an invasion from another world. A bit like Children of the Damned.

Thankfully today has been 2 shades of grey - light and dark so panic over. Set your diary though man. It is due to re appear in July 

Well another week of Spring weather. Cold, grey and dark. After the optimism of Monday when we saw a peak of the Orb, it has been winter all week again. Cold wind and today is wet, very wet. Still on 500mg of Vit D to keep the scurvy at bay and a visit to the tent for a hit of light. Whilst the forecast is set to improve down south we are condemned to another weekend of shite. 

Cold!!!

Well, not quite,  but I can at least feel that crisp cold air on the morning ride to work. But midday is still a ride without the jacket to get lunch.

So sunny and warm through most of the daylight hours, but first and last thing is that reminder of what is at the door. And that god-damn sun at 4.30  when riding home - BRUTAL. (Blinded by the light....)

Winter is almost upon us!!!