What's the weather like where you are?

madison

21 hours ago, JTM said:

Something is wrong, it's 70f. I was beginning to think we were in a perpetual winter.

Bit like 80 at the back of CP towers. Just done the lawn and my girls are loving the rays !!;). We will pay a heavy price for this. I'm off for a game of golf !

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Bit like 80 at the back of CP towers. Just done the lawn and my girls are loving the rays !!;). We will pay a heavy price for this. I'm off for a game of golf !

I've done my lawns for the first time this year, the front lawn is still like walking on sponge, very soft, but the back is not too bad  the willow tree just the other side of the border with the bungalow at the back is soaking it all up.

Here in the Northeastern USA it will be a while until mowing happens.  Things are just not growing as just been so cold.  I live in a condo so don't have to mow but very little green grass yet.  Very little buds on trees yet.  Waiting for the dogwoods in my complex to start blooming and usually around the 5 to 10 of May with no sign of this yet as just over two weeks away.  Just a cod Winter and Spring so far with a couple of days. Temps should be in the low to mid 60's by now and only in the low 50's at best for most part.  Only about 46 today and 52 tomorrow.  Some moderation in low 60's over the weekend and then back to mid 50's.  So close to May and getting this still.  Convinced global warming is a bunch of crap and just political lies with Al Bore to sell a movie and push it on the American people. 

He's not concerned with environmental issues if you've ever seen his home and his heating/AC costs on his mansion and not exactly environmentally friendly back in his home area of Tennessee.  Same director of "An Inconvenient Truth" did "It Might Get Loud."  We may be in an ice age, but doesn't necessarily mean cold temps.  It's extremes.  I read things about this from sources that are a bit unbiased about it for political reasons.  It's something that hasn't happened for 1500 years.  It will last 50 years and lots of extremes as we've seen over the last several years.  From what I've read is that we're about 15 years into the pattern.  I have a friend who is in the weather industry and confirmed this.  Not a lot of specifics as tough to predict this over a long period.  Who knows what will happen?

3 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Convinced global warming is a bunch of crap and just political lies

Don't get confused with global warming and climate change man. What we are seeing here is climate change. Colder winters, wetter summers. We ( the UK) hardly gets seasons any more. Perpetually grey and cloudy. And shit has it rained this year. We have had a procession of cool wet summers in the north whilst down south and eastern Europe it is baking. Although it was lovely and warm yesterday it won't last as it's back to normal from tomorrow. Shite !!

THE WLNS WEATHER CENTER HAS ISSUED A NICE WEATHER WARNING EFFECTIVE FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY. BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR PEOPLE IN ABOVE AVERAGE NUMBERS OUTSIDE ENJOYING THE MILD WEATHER. THE HEIGHT OF THIS WARNING SHOULD OCCUR ON SUNDAY WHEN THE COMBINATION OF SUNSHINE AND TEMPERATURES NEAR 60 WILL LEAD TO EXTRA NICE WEATHER! SHARE THIS WARNING WITH YOUR FRIENDS SO WE'RE ALL PREPARED! #wlnsweather"

So far, the coldest April in 140 years. 

Got the grey colour chart out. It's GR14 today. Not quite the dark grey of recent days but I think that's down to the incessant light drizzle which has been falling since Tuesday. But wait. There's changes afoot. The return of the snow. Oh yes. Just as the blossom on my plum tree has come out, it's gonna snow. Fuck me if it can't get any worse? So another Spring passes by with the obligatory 2 days of warmth, it's back to woollie hats, gloves and hot soup. Read a story that the UK will have no summer this year ( cool and wet - for a change) has increased my mood no end. Thankfully we have 2 weeks in Portugal in June. At least I can stop taking my Vitamin D tabs for a bit

• 3 weeks later...

Well not wanting to change the habits and posting when our weather is shite, it has been sunny and dry for 2 weeks. I can feel the wrath of the Atlantic for the summer. Rumours of workman erecting water standpipes have dismissed as scurrilous rumours but true to form if it doesn't cloud over and rain soon the sales of bottled water will be double the price. I am feeling somewhat odd. I have been wearing shorts for ages now I'm beginning to feel like Strider.

11 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well not wanting to change the habits and posting when our weather is shite, it has been sunny and dry for 2 weeks. I can feel the wrath of the Atlantic for the summer. Rumours of workman erecting water standpipes have dismissed as scurrilous rumours but true to form if it doesn't cloud over and rain soon the sales of bottled water will be double the price. I am feeling somewhat odd. I have been wearing shorts for ages now I'm beginning to feel like Strider.

Honestly, it's like you sent all the rain to us.  I don't think I've seen the sun since last week...and it's going to keep raining all weekend - at least.  I'm going to be totally pruned by the time it's over.  If it's ever over... 

Beautiful sunny late autumn days here. No rain, just glorious warm sun to offset the now pretty cold nights.

Perfect for a fire in the new Aldi's fire-pit out back tonight. Wood is chopped and ready. Stars will no doubt be a brilliant bright show as usual.

5 hours ago, ebk said:

Honestly, it's like you sent all the rain to us.  I don't think I've seen the sun since last week...and it's going to keep raining all weekend - at least.  I'm going to be totally pruned by the time it's over.  If it's ever over... 

Dare I say Esther it's clear blue sky again. Beautiful. High of about 23 c