What's the weather like where you are?

madison

6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I have close relatives that live in North & South Carolina, and Florida.  They take the time to always remind me how beautiful the weather is 'down there' every Winter, especially when a major snow event happens here.  So in the same spirit for once, I just wanted to point out that 90% of the time, a hurricane 'down there' means awesome late Summer/early Fall weather up here.  Instead of 8 days of stinging rain, sideways rain, and sand-filled salty rain, I get beautiful orange sunsets, colorful trees, and 70 degree windless weather to enjoy.

I sound like a shallow prick don't I ?  Please remember that come January.  

I know some people in Fayetteville. And I'm complaining about a couple inches of rain here. :slapface:

• 2 weeks later...

10 days plus now of rain. From annoying drizzle to heavy showers and a few thunderstorm cells. And it is set to continue into next weekend. Once the sun hits the grass is going to grow 3 or 4 inches in a day or two.

cmon Spring, - spring already!! 

Waiting for the rest of the American Goldfinch's to migrate out.  I have my feeders up still.  A family of Swans we all keep tabs on is still here.  There is a fresh water "bayou" down the road and they stay next to the water and stay on the road side.  A cone and sign are out for their protection.  I walk right up to them and clap my hands and they wont budge.  The adults, pure white have 3 young that are now grown and ready to make the flight south.  Soon. Very soon.  They will return next summer for sure.  The adults at least.  Swans stay together for life.  Meaning the parents. There is a golf course right across the street.  This road has woods everywhere and there are deer, fox (including gray and hybrid red) and abundant with wildlife.  The air is getting colder.   I feed my birds (and squirrels) year round with black oil seed.  Thistle in summer for the finch's.  I am an Audubon and Cornell university member of the ornithology club.  

15 hours ago, rm2551 said:

10 days plus now of rain. From annoying drizzle to heavy showers and a few thunderstorm cells. And it is set to continue into next weekend. Once the sun hits the grass is going to grow 3 or 4 inches in a day or two.

cmon Spring, - spring already!! 

I can relate.

Usually it doesn't officially start cooling off in Arizona until Halloween, but this year it has been a pleasant surprise, October has been mostly all cool, however the last few day the heat has come back, but it won't last long. Also nice to save on the AC bill this month.