What's the weather like where you are?

madison

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Further to the above vid, Mrs CP, who works in the village, has just told me that the Police are evacuating the village as the dam is cracking and concrete is falling off the dam !! If this fails then then village will be submerged !! Frightening. She is closing the shop and coming home. If it rains again today, heavy, then we're fucked !

I pray this doesn't happen...best of luck to you and yours...STAY SAFE!

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Further to the above vid, Mrs CP, who works in the village, has just told me that the Police are evacuating the village as the dam is cracking and concrete is falling off the dam !! If this fails then then village will be submerged !! Frightening. She is closing the shop and coming home. If it rains again today, heavy, then we're fucked !

Sending you positive thoughts that the rain will stop over there and Mrs CP’s shop will be spared. Be safe and keep us updated! 

@Walter

Nope. All 6500 residents in the village have been evacuated. Mrs CP's shop is right in the firing line if the dam bursts. Here is a link to the devastation. Other small villages have had homes and business wrecked. It's a sad day for our communities. Global fucking warming. All those fucking twat Tory wankers can only go on about Brexit. They don't give a shit about the North. of course if this was in the South East you wouldn't hear the last of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49189955

Glorious, been in the garden all day working on my shed repair/rebuild. We must be lucky, I reckon CP must live about an hour or two away, the weather over there is horrendous, just watched the reports on The BBC's North West Tonight. Fingers crossed that Whaley Bridge does not get the worst of what is forecast.

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

That's horrible, CP. All the best for Mrs. CP's shop and good luck to all the people in the village.

And we need rain so very urgently 😭

14 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

That's horrible, CP. All the best for Mrs. CP's shop and good luck to all the people in the village.

It's desperate times. We can't really go anywhere. Most of the roads are closed and should that Dam break the whole of the village will be destroyed and the valleys below it will be flooded, including us. 

We are very very worried. Thanks for your thoughts Led. I am sure this is pretty much worldwide news. More news as it comes in and we pray that it won't rain

7 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

It's desperate times. We can't really go anywhere. Most of the roads are closed and should that Dam break the whole of the village will be destroyed and the valleys below it will be flooded, including us. 

We are very very worried. Thanks for your thoughts Led. I am sure this is pretty much worldwide news. More news as it comes in and we pray that it won't rain

Wow man, really hope the danger can be averted by the RAF Chinooks dropping aggregate to shore up the dam. Stay safe.

4 hours ago, JTM said:

Wow man, really hope the danger can be averted by the RAF Chinooks dropping aggregate to shore up the dam. Stay safe.

More action in the sky than on the roads. Fortunately we have supplies. 50/50 chance still that it will collapse. No rain today though, which is a good sign.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

More action in the sky than on the roads. Fortunately we have supplies. 50/50 chance still that it will collapse. No rain today though, which is a good sign.

Just watched a report about how that dam was constructed with soil and clay 200 years ago, no way will it last that long again, it definitely needs rebuilding. Screw the cost just get it done. Weather forecast for that area coming Sunday does not look good though, hopefully there won't be a repeat of the recent weather, situation still critical though...

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The dam reached fame, it was everywhere on the news this morning. And everyone is with you!
Whaley Bridge looks lovley. All these beautiful solid stone houses. Let's hope for the best.

Did you prepare the ground-floor of your house?

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Same as all summer. Shite. 

You need to move to The Wirral CP, we've only had two days of significant rainfall were it has pissed down all day over the last couple of months. Other than that the odd bit of drizzle now and again, any other rain has been over night. Weather has been glorious mostly.

Edited by JTM

On 8/1/2019 at 8:30 PM, LedZed66 said:

@Walter @ebk

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2019/aug/08/whaley-bridge-dam-peak-district-guide-walking-cycling

Thanks for all your positive vibes. Thankfully we are back to normal.