Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
madison

What's the weather like where you are?

Posted (edited)

Rain like Biblical proportions. Non stop since Saturday. My neighbours +1 house is flooded. She is bailing it out with a bucket like a sinking boat. This is not amusing at all. I have lived in the Peaks for 26 years and have never seen anything like it. Forecast for the next 10 days is more fucking rain. 

night

31 JUL
Rain Early
--13°
90%
WNW 22 km/h 96%

Thu

1 AUG
PM Showers
19°12°
60%
NW 12 km/h 83%

Fri

2 AUG
Partly Cloudy
21°13°
20%
NE 6 km/h 78%

Sat

3 AUG
PM Showers
20°14°
30%
SE 8 km/h 79%

Sun

4 AUG
Showers
20°13°
50%
S 11 km/h 79%

Mon

5 AUG
Showers
19°13°
50%
SW 12 km/h 79%

Tue

6 AUG
T-Storms
19°12°
80%
SW 15 km/h 83%

Wed

7 AUG
T-Showers
18°11°
70%
SW 17 km/h 84%

Thu

8 AUG
Showers
18°12°
60%
WSW 17 km/h 81%

Fri

9 AUG
Showers
18°13°
60%
SW 20 km/h 80%

Sat

10 AUG
Showers
18°12°
60%
SW 22 km/h 80%

Sun

11 AUG
Showers
17°11°
60%
WSW 19 km/h 80%

Mon

12 AUG
Showers
17°11°
50%
WSW 16 km/h 80%

Tue

13 AUG
Showers
17°11°
40%
SW 20 km/h 78%

Wed

14 AUG
Showers
18°11°
50%
WSW 18 km/h 79%

• Clouds
Edited by chillumpuffer

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Rain like Biblical proportions. Non stop since Saturday. My neighbours +1 house is flooded. She is bailing it out with a bucket like a sinking boat. This is not amusing at all. I have lived in the Peaks for 26 years and have never seen anything like it. Forecast for the next 10 days is more fucking rain. 

night

31 JUL
Rain Early
--13°
90%
WNW 22 km/h 96%

Thu

1 AUG
PM Showers
19°12°
60%
NW 12 km/h 83%

Fri

2 AUG
Partly Cloudy
21°13°
20%
NE 6 km/h 78%

Sat

3 AUG
PM Showers
20°14°
30%
SE 8 km/h 79%

Sun

4 AUG
Showers
20°13°
50%
S 11 km/h 79%

Mon

5 AUG
Showers
19°13°
50%
SW 12 km/h 79%

Tue

6 AUG
T-Storms
19°12°
80%
SW 15 km/h 83%

Wed

7 AUG
T-Showers
18°11°
70%
SW 17 km/h 84%

Thu

8 AUG
Showers
18°12°
60%
WSW 17 km/h 81%

Fri

9 AUG
Showers
18°13°
60%
SW 20 km/h 80%

Sat

10 AUG
Showers
18°12°
60%
SW 22 km/h 80%

Sun

11 AUG
Showers
17°11°
60%
WSW 19 km/h 80%

Mon

12 AUG
Showers
17°11°
50%
WSW 16 km/h 80%

Tue

13 AUG
Showers
17°11°
40%
SW 20 km/h 78%

Wed

14 AUG
Showers
18°11°
50%
WSW 18 km/h 79%

• Clouds

Sorry to hear about that CP.  

Wish I could send some of this hotter than hades weather we’ve had this summer. I lived here over 30 years and never have felt it this hot for this long, consistently.  Straight temp it’s 96-99 everyday, heat index 105-107. We usually have an ocean breeze that keeps it down somewhat, but not this year. 

Keep your head up, if for only to breath above the tide! 

B13FB472-3F08-48CE-9845-5CEBC3630BF9.png

6097EEB8-28EA-4BF3-8A03-6C6A64AB69DA.png

Edited by Walter

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

night

31 JUL
Rain Early
--13°
90%
WNW 22 km/h 96%

Thu

1 AUG
PM Showers
19°12°
60%
NW 12 km/h 83%

Fri

2 AUG
Partly Cloudy
21°13°
20%
NE 6 km/h 78%

Sat

3 AUG
PM Showers
20°14°
30%
SE 8 km/h 79%

Sun

4 AUG
Showers
20°13°
50%
S 11 km/h 79%

Mon

5 AUG
Showers
19°13°
50%
SW 12 km/h 79%

Tue

6 AUG
T-Storms
19°12°
80%
SW 15 km/h 83%

Wed

7 AUG
T-Showers
18°11°
70%
SW 17 km/h 84%

Thu

8 AUG
Showers
18°12°
60%
WSW 17 km/h 81%

Fri

9 AUG
Showers
18°13°
60%
SW 20 km/h 80%

Sat

10 AUG
Showers
18°12°
60%
SW 22 km/h 80%

Sun

11 AUG
Showers
17°11°
60%
WSW 19 km/h 80%

Mon

12 AUG
Showers
17°11°
50%
WSW 16 km/h 80%

Tue

13 AUG
Showers
17°11°
40%
SW 20 km/h 78%

Wed

14 AUG
Showers
18°11°
50%
WSW 18 km/h 79%

• Clouds

Please send us the rain. After a terrible drought and a long heatwave last year most of our trees were already in a bad condition.
After 40C last week, the second heatwave this summer, and another drought, the leaves are falling like november.

10 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Please send us the rain. After a terrible drought and a long heatwave last year most of our trees were already in a bad condition.
After 40C last week, the second heatwave this summer, and another drought, the leaves are falling like november.

Be my guest. Flooding everywhere where I live. I have just seen the forecast for next week. Not good at all. Expect more flooding and a danger to life.

This is what global warming is doing to our village:

Further to the above vid, Mrs CP, who works in the village, has just told me that the Police are evacuating the village as the dam is cracking and concrete is falling off the dam !! If this fails then then village will be submerged !! Frightening. She is closing the shop and coming home. If it rains again today, heavy, then we're fucked !

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Further to the above vid, Mrs CP, who works in the village, has just told me that the Police are evacuating the village as the dam is cracking and concrete is falling off the dam !! If this fails then then village will be submerged !! Frightening. She is closing the shop and coming home. If it rains again today, heavy, then we're fucked !

I pray this doesn't happen...best of luck to you and yours...STAY SAFE!

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sending you positive thoughts that the rain will stop over there and Mrs CP’s shop will be spared. Be safe and keep us updated! 

@Walter

Nope. All 6500 residents in the village have been evacuated. Mrs CP's shop is right in the firing line if the dam bursts. Here is a link to the devastation. Other small villages have had homes and business wrecked. It's a sad day for our communities. Global fucking warming. All those fucking twat Tory wankers can only go on about Brexit. They don't give a shit about the North. of course if this was in the South East you wouldn't hear the last of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49189955

Posted (edited)

Holy shit @chillumpuffer!!   All the best to you and Mrs. CP!    I hate weather... 

Edited by ebk
@ symbol doesn't seem to be my friend today

Thanks Esther. It is very, very scary. Our phone keeps ringing with people asking us of we are OK. We live in the next village so are safe. It is hammering it down again. This can't go on much longer. If it breaks Whaley is fucked.

Glorious, been in the garden all day working on my shed repair/rebuild. We must be lucky, I reckon CP must live about an hour or two away, the weather over there is horrendous, just watched the reports on The BBC's North West Tonight. Fingers crossed that Whaley Bridge does not get the worst of what is forecast.

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

That's horrible, CP. All the best for Mrs. CP's shop and good luck to all the people in the village.

And we need rain so very urgently 😭

14 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

That's horrible, CP. All the best for Mrs. CP's shop and good luck to all the people in the village.

And we need rain so very urgently 😭

It's desperate times. We can't really go anywhere. Most of the roads are closed and should that Dam break the whole of the village will be destroyed and the valleys below it will be flooded, including us. 

We are very very worried. Thanks for your thoughts Led. I am sure this is pretty much worldwide news. More news as it comes in and we pray that it won't rain

7 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

It's desperate times. We can't really go anywhere. Most of the roads are closed and should that Dam break the whole of the village will be destroyed and the valleys below it will be flooded, including us. 

We are very very worried. Thanks for your thoughts Led. I am sure this is pretty much worldwide news. More news as it comes in and we pray that it won't rain

Wow man, really hope the danger can be averted by the RAF Chinooks dropping aggregate to shore up the dam. Stay safe.

4 hours ago, JTM said:

Wow man, really hope the danger can be averted by the RAF Chinooks dropping aggregate to shore up the dam. Stay safe.

More action in the sky than on the roads. Fortunately we have supplies. 50/50 chance still that it will collapse. No rain today though, which is a good sign.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

More action in the sky than on the roads. Fortunately we have supplies. 50/50 chance still that it will collapse. No rain today though, which is a good sign.

Just watched a report about how that dam was constructed with soil and clay 200 years ago, no way will it last that long again, it definitely needs rebuilding. Screw the cost just get it done. Weather forecast for that area coming Sunday does not look good though, hopefully there won't be a repeat of the recent weather, situation still critical though...

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The dam reached fame, it was everywhere on the news this morning. And everyone is with you!
Whaley Bridge looks lovley. All these beautiful solid stone houses. Let's hope for the best.

Did you prepare the ground-floor of your house?

10PM CDT Friday Night

48442903351_288a77d086_z.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hot and humid as hell in Phoenix.

Edited by luvlz2

Dreadful as always. Miserable, wet and awful. Thankfully the dam in the village is nearly safe but with rain forecast for the whole of August, we are not out of the woods when  floods are concerned

Ridiculously warm for this time of year. As much as I love summer, I am dreading any kind of "record heat" and extended +40c days....