What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Fist strong rainfall just finished in longer than I can remember. Must've been a good 5-7mm. It only lasted 15mins and is now sunny again. Oh well, I guess that is about it for winter rainfall if the dry trend resumes.....

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Fist strong rainfall just finished in longer than I can remember. Must've been a good 5-7mm. It only lasted 15mins and is now sunny again. Oh well, I guess that is about it for winter rainfall if the dry trend resumes.....

First strong sun just finished for longer than I can remember.  Must have been a good 5-7 minutes. Now it's raining again. Oh well, I guess that is about it for summer sun if the wet trend resumes...... :D;)

15 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

First strong sun just finished for longer than I can remember.  Must have been a good 5-7 minutes. Now it's raining again. Oh well, I guess that is about it for summer sun if the wet trend resumes...... :D;)

:hysterical: You poor bastard....

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Dreadful. Dark with heavy rain. Tuesdays golf is off again. One of, if not the worst summers I can remember. 

Completely different picture here in the "Rain Shadow" flatlands, our summer has been largely glorious (nowhere near like last years scorcher). Today we have had a little light drizzle, at the mo the sun is shining brightly.

*"Rain Shadow", something I vaguely remember from geography lessons long ago.

34 minutes ago, jabe said:

Hoping Dorian doesn't wreak too much distress on our Florida brothers and sisters. 
Keep us posted.

Complete hysteria down here. No gas to be found anywhere and food/water gone from the stores and it’s not gonna hit until Monday. It’s like people have never been through these things before. Where I am, it’ll be fine. Maybe some power outages, maybe some roof damage with older homes. We’re gonna have a hurricane party with all the neighbors. If Irma didn’t get us bad, I can’t imagine Dorian is. But still, same precautions being taken as usual. 

I picked up a large bottle of vodka.  I’m ready! 😉🤣 

34 minutes ago, Walter said:

Complete hysteria down here. No gas to be found anywhere and food/water gone from the stores and it’s not gonna hit until Monday. It’s like people have never been through these things before. Where I am, it’ll be fine. Maybe some power outages, maybe some roof damage with older homes. We’re gonna have a hurricane party with all the neighbors. If Irma didn’t get us bad, I can’t imagine Dorian is. But still, same precautions being taken as usual. 

Thank goodness you have your priorities straight!!  :D 

Good luck!  Be careful!! (and the same to @paul carruthers - hope you have a supply of Popeyes to last you!!!)

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Good vibes to you and yours man. Plenty of papers at the ready?

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Good vibes to you and yours man. Plenty of papers at the ready?

Most definitely.  Yeah the forecast is getting better for us with landfall being projected around W. Palm Beach.  Then the upward swing will bring it by us on Wednesday as a Cat 1 - which isn't too bad.  Lots of rain and wind - but moving so slowly can make it seem like forever.  Glad we have a lot of people in our hood to hang out with to kill the time.  Plus we all have gas stoves, grills, hot water tanks, etc here so even without electricity we're not completely screwed.  Just hope the track stays south.  Thanks brotha!

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Most definitely.  Yeah the forecast is getting better for us with landfall being projected around W. Palm Beach.  Then the upward swing will bring it by us on Wednesday as a Cat 1 - which isn't too bad.  Lots of rain and wind - but moving so slowly can make it seem like forever.  Glad we have a lot of people in our hood to hang out with to kill the time.  Plus we all have gas stoves, grills, hot water tanks, etc here so even without electricity we're not completely screwed.  Just hope the track stays south.  Thanks brotha!

Shrubbery for them papers ;): No doubt the storm will take a Eastward direction and we will shake hands with it next weekend:o

IMG_0836.JPG.4d35aefe88ab33be5ffc8b02b409c56f.JPG

Edited by chillumpuffer

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Shrubbery for them papers ;): No doubt the storm will take a Eastward direction and we will shake hands with it next weekend:o

IMG_0836.JPG.4d35aefe88ab33be5ffc8b02b409c56f.JPG

Those babies are beautiful!!  How long until harvest? :drool: 

15 hours ago, Walter said:

On 8/29/2019 at 6:50 PM, jabe said:

Hoping Dorian doesn't wreak too much distress on our Florida brothers and sisters. 
Keep us posted.

Levi Cowan does incredible videos about Hurricanes on his Tropical Tidbits YouTube Channel. Please Check him out:

Edited by The Rover

9 hours ago, The Rover said:

Levi Cowan does incredible videos about Hurricanes on his Tropical Tidbits YouTube Channel. Please Check him out:

That was very thoroughly explained. I’ll have to check into him more often. Thanks for posting that. 

My neighbors parents live in Freeport in the Bahamas. We’re very worried for their safety. That’s the only certainty of this storm - that island is going to be devastated. New update in an hour - looks like it’s going to be close to a Cat 5. Hopefully it just stays out in the Atlantic...  The whole east coast should be paying close attention.