What's the weather like where you are?

madison

On 1/29/2020 at 11:58 AM, Walter said:

Ocala is definitely horse country...but so is the area I'm in - Winter Garden.  There are a number of horse stable just up the road from us.  We live on the north side of Disney property - but no tourists come through.  I used to work on I-Drive for years when I was in Hospitality Management.  I prefer Universal to Disney also.  

Turning Stone was built after I left, but it is literally a couple of miles from the high school I attended up there.  My mother's boyfriend works there.  I became a Cowboys fan because my grandfather was one (he was a lot like Tom Landry) and my sister liked the Steelers - so I had to be the opposite of that...  My father was a Bills fan and the Giants/Jets were never even a consideration as they both sucked and really weren't represented well in Central NY.  Anyway...

It wasn't that bad this morning! :P 

Beautiful afternoon today...mid 70's

Sorry I just read this Walter.  Did your father live to see SB XXV?  Wide right?  Great guy in my book was your father!  My wife’s parents almost bought in Winter Haven.  What I love is no matter where you are in Florida it’s only 2 hours to the ocean or gulf.  Some game yesterday. Freaking Shanaham

9 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Sorry I just read this Walter.  Did your father live to see SB XXV?  Wide right?  Great guy in my book was your father!  My wife’s parents almost bought in Winter Haven.  What I love is no matter where you are in Florida it’s only 2 hours to the ocean or gulf.  Some game yesterday. Freaking Shanaham

Yeah he saw them all - passed in 2008. Raised me on OJ, Joe Ferguson, Joe Cribbs, etc.  My grandparents retired near Winter Haven back in the 70’s, which eventually brought us down here.  Love the beach! Gulf side more than the Atlantic, generally speaking.

Shanahan can’t call plays with two hands around his throat, apparently....

Beautiful here - windows open, listening to the crickets.

12 hours ago, Walter said:

Yeah he saw them all - passed in 2008. Raised me on OJ, Joe Ferguson, Joe Cribbs, etc.  My grandparents retired near Winter Haven back in the 70’s, which eventually brought us down here.  Love the beach! Gulf side more than the Atlantic, generally speaking.

Shanahan can’t call plays with two hands around his throat, apparently....

Beautiful here - windows open, listening to the crickets.

I go there often.  My late grandmother had a place in Fort Myers I used to go to.  I have cousins in Sunrise/Hollywood.  I actually prefer the East coast.  But the one place I have not been to and want to is Sarasota.  I have been by it but never stopped. 

13 hours ago, slave to zep said:

From 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 to💧⛈🌧💧💧

a week straight for us in Brissie - next week the same. Good that it cooled down though. I was so sick of +35c days and nights that were just too hot to sleep. And so many fires are now done due to the rain which is great.

9 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

a week straight for us in Brissie - next week the same. Good that it cooled down though. I was so sick of +35c days and nights that were just too hot to sleep. And so many fires are now done due to the rain which is great.

Glad to this mate! 

9 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Exactly!

I hate summer. Those few weeks of fires and smoke were horrendous. 

We're forecast for a week of rain and I'm loving it.

After a (thankfully) dry January, we are back to our horrible cloudy days clear nights, temps in the 30's and snow every other day pattern.  Had 6 inches on Friday, another inch on Saturday and a trace yesterday.  More snow for tonight and Wednesday.  COME ON GLOBAL WARMING!

....snowed last night (2 inches), snowed all day today.  It was supposed to get to 36 and sunny, but instead we got clouds and snow and a temp of 28 for a high.  Next batch of snow is set for Monday.  This winter SUCKS!  We've only had 3 days above our normal Feb average temp and snow every 3-4 days.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:46 PM, paul carruthers said:

58 degrees & it feels 20 degrees cooler than that outside. Thank god the heat works....

Heat? In Florida? Snowflake...😉 🤣

A balmy 72 degree, humid morning in central Florida. Hopefully the weather holds so the 500 can be fully completed this afternoon up yonder...

Fucking wet. From the Midlands upwards the Country is almost underwater. We have had rain of Biblical proportions for days on end. Communities flooded everywhere up North and in Wales. Disaster and more rain to come which is seriously bad news for the already weary people. But of course help is at hand. This worthless Prime Minster and the racist mongrels who make up this Government have allocated 5bn notes to help with the flooding. Unsurprisingly the majority of the cash will go to London and The South East where it hardly rains at all. Well done Boris fuck us all off whilst you spend the money on yourselves.:mad: