What's the weather like where you are?

34 minutes ago, Freeyyaa said:

Metric system is for developed countries like Russia, as it much more progressive. 193 cm. sounds much more better. As for me I cannot stand to convert your scales into Centigrades and meters.

This made me laugh....

RUSSIA (everyone used the same glass over and over again)

59fb01ce15e9f90b7850cb51.jpg

USA (go ahead, take the whole bottle with you)

s_xCPi1Alem9Gvc9Gz9CWkKFcumcBKP9QO0R6qLy

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, kipper said:

So if I go into a pub in  the U.K. and ask for "a pint of the black stuff" (Guinness) they won't think me a silly American?  😁

Here in in the U.S. most of what I see with products labeled in metric is just a ploy to confuse the consumers and make them think the higher number means MORE product than what they used get for the same price when it was listed as ounces, pints, quarts, or gallons. 

So I guess you are right. Americans need to learn metric not to use it, but to understand how companies are  using it to fool them with packaging and volume/weight reductions.

Meanwhile I know what a pint of beer is supposed to be, and I know how much wine 750ml is so I'm good to go.  😋

Another problem that's easy to solve, but you don't as companies can continue to deceive. Here we label products to a baseline unit measure. it's legislated. So you can directly compare products that have differing volumes and still easily see which one is better value.

I swear, you guys have a unique way of making everything that can be easy complicated and open to manipulate/exploit/corrupt. Everything.

Funnily enough, we can't seem to agree on beer here! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Aust_Beer_Glass 

Each state is different in what it offers and look at you funny if you ask for the wrong glass. :wall:

Appalling really for mid summer. Drizzle, rain and cold. When will forecasters stop saying " unusually cold or unseasonably shit" when this is the norm? It's like the sun or blue sky doesn't exist here. Been like it for weeks. 12 degrees c? Really in July?  Our climate has gone. It is the same all year except it's really miserable in the winter. My mate, who usually decamps to  South Africa in the winter, is almost suicidal because due to Covid he can't go to his home north of Joburg this winter. Mainly because S.A. have banned the sale of Alcohol and he is a serious booze head. I mean serious. At least 8-10 cans of Lager and wine with his dinner every day. He boozes most of the day and the thought of no booze is too much for him. I played Golf with him yesterday and I am worried he will have a melt down this winter.

Appalling for the 15th of July , grey, murky, sheet drizzle, 'orrible.  Today is the 42nd anniversary of Bob Dylan at Blackbushe , how great the weather was that weekend, absolutely glorious.

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Appalling for the 15th of July , grey, murky, sheet drizzle, 'orrible.  Today is the 42nd anniversary of Bob Dylan at Blackbushe , how great the weather was that weekend, absolutely glorious.

Yeah that was before the climate got fucked. Is it me, but weren't the summers of the 70's and 80's long and great? Only a year later in 79 that first weekend of Knebworth was glorious also

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Yeah that was before the climate got fucked. Is it me, but weren't the summers of the 70's and 80's long and great? Only a year later in 79 that first weekend of Knebworth was glorious also

They're seeding the clouds Man......;)

We've got your share of summer.  Only three days in the 80's, one day in the 100's, the rest in the 90's  and no rain to speak of all month!  Fortunately, the "monsoon" pattern starts next week so hopefully we get some much needed rain!

In the US, on some of the streaming platforms there is a free channel called "Earth Live!"

It has visible satellite view loops of entire regions, like the Pacific basin, the Atlantic Basin, the Gulf of Mexico/Texas, etc. sourced from NOAA.

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/index.php

You just hover over the map, choose an area, then choose the Band and select loop.

Edited by The Rover