What's the weather like where you are?

madison

I need rain, last week I treated the front lawn with moss killer, mowed and scarified it Sunday, sprinkled on aftercut. Yesterday I used a liquid feed with the watering can, got the hose out to give it a good lashing and fuck me the sprinkler is broken, went to Homebase for a replacement, out of stock  grrrr. Anyway the skies are grey rain (maybe thunder) are forecast so let's wait an see.

30 minutes ago, JTM said:

I need rain, last week I treated the front lawn with moss killer, mowed and scarified it Sunday, sprinkled on aftercut. Yesterday I used a liquid feed with the watering can, got the hose out to give it a good lashing and fuck me the sprinkler is broken, went to Homebase for a replacement, out of stock  grrrr. Anyway the skies are grey rain (maybe thunder) are forecast so let's wait an see.

Rain??? Glorious here up in The Peaks man. Sky looks like The Simpsons

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Rain??? Glorious here up in The Peaks man. Sky looks like The Simpsons

It's been grey here on The Wirral since late morning, no sign of any "sky water" just yet. Funny, when we don't want it, it pisses down constantly, when we do there's a drought.

The last week has been gorgeous!  Temps in the low 70's, occasional rain shower and partly cloudy.  Beats the hell out of the dry, triple digits we had the first three weeks of June.  We went from winter in April (32 inches of snow) to summer (triple digit highs) to now Spring!  

Rather warm for approaching the middle of winter. While cool I was still able to ride in vest and fingerless gloves last Sunday. Pretty amazing really. 2-3 years ago it was my electric gloves to warm the hands around this time albeit a bit earlier (morning work commute).

I dread a summer like you guys in the US are going through. I like summers and the heat, but not stretches of crazy heat.

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Rather warm for approaching the middle of winter. While cool I was still able to ride in vest and fingerless gloves last Sunday. Pretty amazing really. 2-3 years ago it was my electric gloves to warm the hands around this time albeit a bit earlier (morning work commute).

I dread a summer like you guys in the US are going through. I like summers and the heat, but not stretches of crazy heat.

Yesterday (Monday) was the absolute worst. It felt like the sun had stopped in the sky at 5 PM and took forever to finally set, but everything in my place was hot to the touch. Hell of time getting to sleep. Guessing it's time to invest in a window air conditioner as summer has only just begun.