What's the weather like where you are?

madison

On 6/30/2021 at 3:31 PM, redrum said:

Yesterday (Monday) was the absolute worst. It felt like the sun had stopped in the sky at 5 PM and took forever to finally set, but everything in my place was hot to the touch. Hell of time getting to sleep. Guessing it's time to invest in a window air conditioner as summer has only just begun. 

If you don't have roof insulation and whirly-gigs I'd look at that too. Ours work really well and alleviates the load on our modest A/C. We don't flog the poor little thing as hard now.

It makes a helluva difference.

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

If you don't have roof insulation and whirly-gigs I'd look at that too. Ours work really well and alleviates the load on our modest A/C. We don't flog the poor little thing as hard now.

It makes a helluva difference.

👍

My place is pretty small, so it shouldn't need a lot of BTU's. 

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Cool and grey here. What a relief. 

Well good for you guys, feels like an oven out here. But we have been lucky with clouds a lot this year.

Edited by luvlz2

Rain, rain and more rain. Driest May in history followed by the wettest 4 weeks I can remember.

All-time record high for Canada - 121F. Three consecutive days breaking the hottest temp ever recorded…by 8 degrees F.  Insane. 

18 minutes ago, Walter said:

Rain, rain and more rain. Driest May in history followed by the wettest 4 weeks I can remember.

All-time record high for Canada - 121F. Three consecutive days breaking the hottest temp ever recorded…by 8 degrees F.  Insane. 

The new Death Valley. 

Z Point I | Death Valley National Park, USA | THELMA KELLY PHOTOGRAPHY

Bright and sunny weekend. Much appreciated given my son's 18th party went Fri and Sat night and kids camping out in back yard in out massive tent, and firepit was enjoyed by all.

Days are still quite nice given it's now July. Amazing really.

Bad, Chillumpufer, bad! I had to venture into the badlands of Nottinghamshire this morning and when I got to the site, the council bloke failed to show up with the keys - so I had to scale a 6ft brick wall and hack through a site full of 5ft brambles. In 23-degree heat, goddammit! I hates me the tropical South!

14 minutes ago, Brigante said:

Bad, Chillumpufer, bad! I had to venture into the badlands of Nottinghamshire this morning and when I got to the site, the council bloke failed to show up with the keys - so I had to scale a 6ft brick wall and hack through a site full of 5ft brambles. In 23-degree heat, goddammit! I hates me the tropical South!

Oh dear Nottingham. That's a bit east from me. Furthest south I go (unless it's to Cornwall) is Buxton. Scaling a 6ft Brick wall, 5ft Brambles??? Not doing a Guerrilla grow are you?