What's the weather like where you are?

madison

I hear there are many instaces of power outages due to downed power lines. Can't get over that in this day and age most U.S. householders rely on overhead power supplies. Here in the UK all our domestic power lines are underground.

I hear there are many instaces of power outages due to downed power lines. Can't get over that in this day and age most U.S. householders rely on overhead power supplies. Here in the UK all our domestic power lines are underground.

Good point JTM,been talked about for 50+ years in NE,unions don't want to *kill* the job.

I have underground power lines. Best thing ever.

NYC is only about an hour from me and they had 8" of snow, while I had 19. Go figure, being so close. I heard Hamden, CT had 35". It's the first town to the north of New Haven.

Just watching the Weather Channel and Hamden's total has been increased to 40". Wow! (They got the record for Nemo!). More than double than what I had and that was a lot and tough to dig out of today! Can't imagine that. Although, about 1996 we had a 27" snowfall here. Most I have ever experienced.

Edited by SuperDave

It snowed here this morning, getting on for an inch fell. But it has been raining for a couple of hours and the snow has gone now thank fuck, Can't be done with driving in the white stuff it's a real pain in the arse.

It snowed here this morning, getting on for an inch fell. But it has been raining for a couple of hours and the snow has gone now thank fuck, Can't be done with driving in the white stuff it's a real pain in the arse.

Still snowing here JTM. Am going into Manchester this evening I hope the fuck it stops

Not a journey I'd like to make in bad weather CP, considering where you live. I'm even more glad the snow has gone because I've just had a phone call from my daughter asking me to pick her up from Liverpool about midnight tonight when her coach gets in from her visit to a friend in Newcastle. So that's a trip through the Mersey tunnel for me later. The things I do for my little darlin', here's me looking forward to a nice relaxing evening ..ah well.

An incident has occured which is causing considerable shock to the residents of The Peaks. It all started a few moments ago. Sirens have been heard, children screaming, adults and the alike are coming out of their cottages. Birds have stopped eating. What is this in the sky?

Yes a large bright globe has appeared between the greyness. It is causing great distress. Welcome back THE SUN. :suntan:

Needless to say another 2 days of this and the drought orders will be issued and there will be standpipes in the street.