Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
madison

What's the weather like where you are?

The storm we had yesterday (the combo of two low systems) has now moved on to New England to top up the Noreaster you guys had yesterday. What you are in for: about 15 inches of fluffy, blowing soft snow. Today we have bright sunshine and blue skies. Temperatures on the rise and by Monday we'll be well above zero with rain.

90km/h gusts, however the amount of snow coming down is no where near what is falling south of here. We are expecting in the vicinity of 30cm, a bit more than a foot.

Part of my driveway is bare pave, the rest is under 2-3 feet of drift.

• Current snow totals from the blizzard include 28 inches in Worcester, Mass.; 20 inches for East Hartford, Conn.; 24 inches for Nashua, N.H.; and 30.3 inches for Upton, N.Y.

400,000+ without power in MA

Edited by Anjin-san

• Current snow totals from the blizzard include 28 inches in Worcester, Mass.; 20 inches for East Hartford, Conn.; 24 inches for Nashua, N.H.; and 30.3 inches for Upton, N.Y.

400,000+ without power in MA

And there is one report of a Mommy giving birth at home because she could not get to the hospital (in Worcester).

I feel terrible watching houses on Plum Island being swept into the Atlantic. :(

We are a bit lucky here in regards to the ocean, it has been so cold the past month that for the most part it is iced over. The ice really calms the water down.

There have been several instances this morning that I could not see the house across the street from me. And it's not that far away, I could throw a rock into their back yard from here.

I hear there are many instaces of power outages due to downed power lines. Can't get over that in this day and age most U.S. householders rely on overhead power supplies. Here in the UK all our domestic power lines are underground.

I hear there are many instaces of power outages due to downed power lines. Can't get over that in this day and age most U.S. householders rely on overhead power supplies. Here in the UK all our domestic power lines are underground.

Good point JTM,been talked about for 50+ years in NE,unions don't want to *kill* the job.

I have underground power lines. Best thing ever.

NYC is only about an hour from me and they had 8" of snow, while I had 19. Go figure, being so close. I heard Hamden, CT had 35". It's the first town to the north of New Haven.

Just watching the Weather Channel and Hamden's total has been increased to 40". Wow! (They got the record for Nemo!). More than double than what I had and that was a lot and tough to dig out of today! Can't imagine that. Although, about 1996 we had a 27" snowfall here. Most I have ever experienced.

Edited by SuperDave

From someone in Mass. (not me !)

It's so quiet and serene..

post-116-0-40441500-1360474745_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Rover

Your Nemo has found it's way over here. It is now snowing but nothing like you had it in the US. We are predicted to get a few inches but it will turn to rain later. Then it is going to be sunny and rather mild. Hurray I may get a game of golf in this weekend

Picture perfect where I live today.

You are officially on stop Whoopie. Will you stop posting pictures like this :boohoo: . See you next year? :D

It snowed here this morning, getting on for an inch fell. But it has been raining for a couple of hours and the snow has gone now thank fuck, Can't be done with driving in the white stuff it's a real pain in the arse.

It snowed here this morning, getting on for an inch fell. But it has been raining for a couple of hours and the snow has gone now thank fuck, Can't be done with driving in the white stuff it's a real pain in the arse.

Still snowing here JTM. Am going into Manchester this evening I hope the fuck it stops

Not a journey I'd like to make in bad weather CP, considering where you live. I'm even more glad the snow has gone because I've just had a phone call from my daughter asking me to pick her up from Liverpool about midnight tonight when her coach gets in from her visit to a friend in Newcastle. So that's a trip through the Mersey tunnel for me later. The things I do for my little darlin', here's me looking forward to a nice relaxing evening ..ah well.