What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Snow here today too. Had about 5", but most of the rain and temps in the low 40's melted a lot of it. Temps here should remain below normal in the low 40's for the next week. Usually temps in the low to mid 50's daily by now...but to no avail. I know it's gonna go from this to the 70's in a hurry with all the dramatics the weather provides now.

Snow here today too. Had about 5", but most of the rain and temps in the low 40's melted a lot of it. Temps here should remain below normal in the low 40's for the next week. Usually temps in the low to mid 50's daily by now...but to no avail. I know it's gonna go from this to the 70's in a hurry with all the dramatics the weather provides now.

I hope you're right about the temps!

Shorts, sandals and sunless tanner, where are you?!

:)

Still really cold here. Flurries of snow drifting in on a cold easterly wind. No sign of Spring, although the daffs and other greens are showing through. Forecasters are predicting a white out on Friday and no let up until way after Easter. How immensley frustrating. One can only hope it is a scorcher of a summer?

First day of spring yesterday and still a ton of snow on the ground here ...phack I am tired of it.

Love Canada and the changing seasons we have, but I've had enough of the white stuff......

Last year at this time we were golfing and drinking on patios......c'mon heat!

Same here fishy. Our Captains drive in on Saturday. Got as much chance as MM getting back on board. Whats your handicap?

my handicap is the actual game lol...but I love it ......I am a 25 now but capable of so much better if I can just get out of my own way...I've shot a 74 in the Domincan at a Robert Trent Jones course, and shot a 79 here at home and probably should have quit then and retired.......now i struggle off the tee and have a major yip in my right hand while putting....It can be a train wreck but I had some success just recently at the end of last year and during a recent Tampa Bay golf trip with some pals......Gonna keep trying to get better. It is such a great game. Love it....How about you? Are you shooter?....

hey, if you are interested, check out a golf novel called, "Golf in the Kingdom" ...pretty cool take on the game......ciao

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_in_the_Kingdom

Play off 14 at the moment and can, as you say, do better. I shot an 81 a couple of weeks back and really should have got under 80 but the usuals, hooked drive, missed puts etc. Aiming to get to 10 this year but I play on a really tough parkland course and it's a different ball game in the winter, tees forward, winter rules etc. Our summer comp tees are really tough. But ultimately this year, is the year when Mrs CP dosen't thrash me all the time.

Will check out the wiki page

Play off 14 at the moment and can, as you say, do better. I shot an 81 a couple of weeks back and really should have got under 80 but the usuals, hooked drive, missed puts etc. Aiming to get to 10 this year but I play on a really tough parkland course and it's a different ball game in the winter, tees forward, winter rules etc. Our summer comp tees are really tough. But ultimately this year, is the year when Mrs CP dosen't thrash me all the time.

Will check out the wiki page

14...Nice!...hey I started a new thread so maybe there is more of us that want to talk a little golf......cheers

Appalling. Heavy snow, blizzards, biting easterly wind. I have never seen anything like it this winter or any winter for that matter. It's been snowing for most of the night and a gale force easterly is making visibility almost zero. Thankfully the CP's went shopping yesterday and got supplies. Wine, smoke, chicken,lamb....... etc etc. This storm is set to last into monday so it could be a long wait.

I'm going back under the quilt.

Snowing, and the sky box has gone off. I phoned them and this idiot said is it snowing, I said I thought digital was not affected by weather conditions, he replied that as it was snowing sky channels had ALL gone off. Anyone recommend an alternative?

Radio, internet or books.

Snowing, and the sky box has gone off. I phoned them and this idiot said is it snowing, I said I thought digital was not affected by weather conditions, he replied that as it was snowing sky channels had ALL gone off. Anyone recommend an alternative?

None Murdoch TV, a good book, knitting,put some tunes on, clean the fridge, learn a language, cut up a picture and put it back together, bake a loaf of bread cont. p94