What's the weather like where you are?

madison

About 90 today and quite muggy and a bit overcast. It was absolutely pouring just minutes ago. Just rain and no thunder or lightning. I live at the bottom of a street that quite hilly, so the rain just filters on down my way.

Rain seems to be the order of the day. I've been getting it all week down in not-so-sunny Florida.

Always that way this time of year in Florida. Been to Florida many times and always avoid the summer months. Too much rain and too hot and humid. Usually late Feb thru early May and early October to November for me.

Scorchio !! Roasting here in the peaks. Temp around 28 c. clear blue sky and no clouds at all. Has been for 4 days now. I tried to sit in the garden a few moments ago and I lasted about 5 minutes. Thanks goodness for stone built houses which make it really cool inside. :fan:

Indian summer up here in the north England

Steady Wes. Have you ever been to India in the summer months? I suggest you go to a fan oven and set the temp to extreme. My picture is of Varanasi on the Ganges. It was shot @ 8.00 am and it was well into the mid 40 degrees then !

79F in Edinburgh, which is amazing for this part of the world because it usually rains all summer!! We have loads of American tourists here at the moment - they like to see the Castle and the other historic sites.

I thought the Brits were a tough breed - what's this about the U.K. government issuing a "level 3" health warning because the temperature has reached 30C/86F?! 86 degrees is pleasant!

I know I went by tube across London the other day, and kept hearing "please carry water with you it is hot today" every 5 minutes.

A level 3 alert does sound like something out of a Thunderbirds episode.

I thought the Brits were a tough breed - what's this about the U.K. government issuing a "level 3" health warning because the temperature has reached 30C/86F?! 86 degrees is pleasant!

Perhaps, the humidity was quite high and that's what can make it tough. Although 86F isn't that bad. It was about 95F here in the NE USA today, just east of NYC. Yesterday was worse as it was much more humid.

You Brits gotta suck it in! It gets a lot worse here in the USA than what you experience. It gets bad here in the Northeast, but many areas of the country get it a lot worse than where I am. Experience Florida, Louisiana, Texas or Arizona among a few during July! :veryhot: England will feel like the Arctic in comparison.