What's the weather like where you are?

madison

No excuse, sir! Florida is a peninsula, surrounded by ocean and virtually brimming with bays, lakes, swamps and canals. Yet do we complain about the heat and humidity? Yes, without ceasing.

Actually, we are having English-type weather lately: and the rain it raineth all day.

The UK is a very humid country as a matter of fact. Surrounded by water as we are. When the mercury hits 30 degrees here it's unbearable. On the other hand 30 degrees in Spain is perfect

In the two times I've been to London is was quite hot and humid. Around mid to late May. With the lack of A/C in the hotels in both my stays, it wasn't pleasant, but I did enjoy everything else about London, except for the traffic.

A little warm here in CT would be like sleeping on an iceberg! About 97 degrees with high humidity. Heat index was around 103. That's what they said. Possible temps of about 100 tomorrow. T-Storms on Saturday to cool down a bit to upper 80's, but the humidity should drop a lot. Just hope the storms aren't too bad. Just hope they cool things off only without the damage or other things that come with them.

Here in CT it's 91 degrees and quite humid. Not as bad as the last few days, when it was near 100. Strong breeze today, which makes it a bit more comfortable. Forecast for thunderstorms late this afternoon to relieve some of the heat. Should be less humid and in the mid 80's the next few days.

Like a pressure cooker today. Got woken up @ 5 with heavy rain and thunder. It's so sticky and the humidity is sky high. I have just leisurely cycled to the village for provisions and on my return downed 2 litres of water and had to change my top. Awful.

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up to the sound of my Rickenbacker's again (wind chimes are such wonderful instruments), the ocean was loud as well. Lots of wave action something like 8 foot swells, the surfers are out enjoying Cow Bay. Rain falling here and there as well. It's 18 right now going up to 24. Might get some thunder showers as well.