ARE WE ALONE?

madison

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Without evidence to prove the contrary, I would say your belief is in fact the logical assumption.

Ever heard of the Drake equation? 

Also

The existence of bacterial life would almost certainly lead to intelligence. 

Don't expect it to look or act like anything  you know!

👽👾🤖.........

12 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Ever heard of the Drake equation? 

Also

The existence of bacterial life would almost certainly lead to intelligence. 

Don't expect it to look or act like anything  you know!

👽👾🤖.........

The Drake equation is sheer conjecture and nothing more than a exuberant dance around the far edges of reality.

And how does the existence of one form of matter lead to intelligence? 

argumentum ad consequentiam

aka: wishful thinking

Jacket35.jpg

😘

8 hours ago, kipper said:

The Drake equation is sheer conjecture and nothing more than a exuberant dance around the far edges of reality.

And how does the existence of one form of matter lead to intelligence? 

argumentum ad consequentiam

aka: wishful thinking

Jacket35.jpg

😘

The Drake equation is mathematics. 

Bacterial life > intelligent life. Evolution.

Science.

The conditions that resulted in life on earth are found throughout the known/observable universe. Our specific galactic environment is not a unique bubble.

Given this, and the expanse of the known universe with these similar properties, the billions of star systems in the billions of galaxies, it does not make sense to me to conclude life that evolves into self-aware intelligence is simply a "one off". The odds that life that evolves at least to a human intellect/awareness level must be tremendous. I'd be interested in science and statistical analysis and views on this. I think I'll go look after work....

The sole exception to this would be if we are indeed in some kind of simulation. Our realities are basically a fabrication/dream/experience that we awake from to the "real world" - whatever that may be. But I doubt this.

21 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

The Drake equation is mathematics. 

Bacterial life > intelligent life. Evolution.

Science.

Conjecture is not science. In this exercise it isn't much different than religion.

Science requires facts which can be observed, measured, and quantified. Too many unknown variables and then all you are doing is speculating.  Because "what IF" by intelligent design we are in fact alone?

See how that works?  All we are reduced to then is two sides of a religion debate. You claiming we resulted from random chaos as a designer, and I claiming an intelligent purpose as a designer.

Archived