Good Bye Notre Dame (1163-2019)

kipper

After hearing some details about the costs of repairs, I think someone should get a hold of the architects at Disney.  They build mountains, castles, and forests out of plastic, rubber, & plaster in no time.  Get a couple 3d printers....replace those gargoyles and statues with painted plastic....lighten the load on those new steel replacement beams.  It's time to bring the entire religious spectacle up to date.   

17 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

After hearing some details about the costs of repairs, I think someone should get a hold of the architects at Disney.  They build mountains, castles, and forests out of plastic, rubber, & plaster in no time.  Get a couple 3d printers....replace those gargoyles and statues with painted plastic....lighten the load on those new steel replacement beams.  It's time to bring the entire religious spectacle up to date.   

Yes, gentrification!

On 4/22/2019 at 5:03 AM, Bong-Man said:

They build mountains, castles, and forests out of plastic, rubber, & plaster in no time.    

A fine little girl she waits for me
She's as plastic as she can be
She paints her face with plastic goo
And wrecks her hair with some shampoo
Plastic people
Oh, baby, now you're such a drag
"i dunno... sometimes I just get tired
Of ya honey--it's... ah.your
Hair spray... or something..."

• 1 year later...

On Nova PBS right now:

Saving Notre Dame

When the roof of Notre Dame Cathedral erupted in flames in April of 2019, firefighters battled for nine grueling hours to save the historic landmark. Still, Paris came alarmingly close to losing more than 800 years of history. Now engineers are in a different race against time: to rebuild the roof and secure the medieval structure of Notre Dame. Underneath the charred scaffolding and vaulted ceilings of the cathedral, scientists study the components of Notre Dame's iconic structure to puzzle out how best to repair it. (Premiered November 25, 2020)

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/saving-notre-dame/

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...