Zeppelin's Favorite Movies?

MortSahlFan

I think Led Zeppelin (along with Pink Floyd) helped finance Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.  I have also read that George Harrison helped finance the film.

I also seem to recall Robert once doing a bit about a man who knows a man who knows a man who doesn't know "Tim", and Tim was a minor character in the Holy Grail. 

In 1977 Robert once said it was an opportunity to "play spot the looney".  "Spot the Looney" was an old bit from the original Monty Python's Flying Circus TV series.  He even said "spot the looney" in a rather Monty Python way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 10:27 AM, chef free said:

Judging by the bowler hat, I would guess John liked A Clockwork Orange...

A little too much though as he acted like a Droog for much of the 75' tour. If there was one guy who needed to switch from booze to weed it was Bonzo.

A favorite movie of both Jimmy & Cole was The Night Porter with Charlotte Rampling. This movie, and Charlotte's attire, was the inspiration for Jimmy's clothes at the April 10th 1977 show. There is a scene in the movie where Charlotte is wearing the exact same getup minus the t-shirt.

Personally I thought Charlotte wore it better, then again I am partial to the female form.

Of course Robert LOVED the whole Carry On series of low budget movies and thought Kenneth Williams, Jimmy Dale, & Harry Corbet  brilliant.

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

A favorite movie of both Jimmy & Cole was The Night Porter with Charlotte Rampling. This movie, and Charlotte's attire, was the inspiration for Jimmy's clothes at the April 10th 1977 show. There is a scene in the movie where Charlotte is wearing the exact same getup minus the t-shirt.

Imitation no but inspiration perhaps though I have my doubts. Her attire is similar but not an exact match. Sure, there is the hat and suspenders, but she dons long black gloves and black pin-striped slacks. Jimmy wore the hat and suspenders with jodhpors, riding boots, scarf and a shirt.  

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Imitation no but inspiration perhaps though I have my doubts. Her attire is similar but not an exact match. Sure, there is the hat and suspenders, but she dons long black gloves and black pin-striped slacks. Jimmy wore the hat and suspenders with jodhpors, riding boots, scarf and a shirt.  

Yep, you are correct Steve, she is wearing stripped pants and I really never noticed the gloves for some reason. Hmmm, I wonder what could have distracted me so while watching that scene????

• 5 months later...
On 4/21/2019 at 8:47 PM, SteveAJones said:

Robert and Jimmy enjoyed 'Dazed And Confused', but still declined the use of a Led Zeppelin song for the soundtrack.

Page attended the premier of 'Godzilla' in May 1998 and contributed to the soundtrack.

Does Robert still have any publishing rights to the Zep songs?  I thought he sold his rights a long time ago.