Knebworth concert

strombringer101

2 hours ago, strombringer101 said:

Was on YouTube looking for the video concert of Knebworth 79’ 

found only one old one? I seem to remember when there was a more pro shot videos of the concert then the one I saw. They just filmed the big screen so it was kinda bad. 

Last year I bought the no label (aka Lighthouse) DVD "LED ZEPPELIN – KNEBWORTH MASTERS 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION" which - in my opinion - is the best DVD for the 08-04-1979 concert.

Below an excerpt from BootLedZ.com

"The no label title has improved video quality over the previously mentioned releases, and has minimal problems with pixilation during fast motion. For some reason, they chose to mix the pro video/audio source with an amateur audio source recorded in the audience. The no label title also offers Heartbreaker from a different mix of cameras. The distant camera is used in place of the close cameras in several spots.
Wendy's title has poor video quality and the sound often seems to be a little out of sync. Footage from the second night is used during the video gap in WLL.
The 8mm 40 second band footage can only be found on the no label title "Knebworth Masters."

image.thumb.png.1fa7286d9f8abaf7c2b932c2c1ca0c89.png

13 hours ago, rm2551 said:

^zoso.me has that. Thanks for that info, will be checking it out.

That site has Golden Dawn's Knebworth Masters – 30th Anniversary Edition, not Lighthouse's; in addition a part is corrupted, so I don't suggest to download it from there. Anyway, Golden Dawn's is considered the best video bootleg of that night; it features Winston excellent matrix as audio source, but a purist could prefer the unadultereted video feedback.

Regarding the second night I'm not totally sure about which version is the best by a video standpoint, but I think the consensus goes with Genuine Masters' Return of the Dinosaurs.

Edited by Noblemer
Grammatical correction.

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

Bugger...

Cheers.

Sorry for the lapse, English isn't even my mother tongue. However the substance is true, I already downloaded it from that site and not all the files work: if you don't believe me, try yourself. I got my copy on guitars101, where the files are kindly hosted by the Hunter (the guy running longliveledzeppelin).

7 hours ago, Noblemer said:

Sorry for the lapse, English isn't even my mother tongue. However the substance is true, I already downloaded it from that site and not all the files work: if you don't believe me, try yourself. I got my copy on guitars101, where the files are kindly hosted by the Hunter (the guy running longliveledzeppelin).

Yeah, I appreciate the info.

Cheers. :)

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Strider said:

That goddamn piano. Jimmy looks like he borrowed a guitar from Johnny Ramone.

JPJ @ 2m32s "What! Not again F*% $*T!"

🙂

I personally am loving this 4K quality of the whole concert, better than GBstd, Bad Wiz or EV. There could be a mux made with Winston Remaster - but why bother? Another track, anyone? Or just keep it private, or sell a BD through a Japanese LLC with some fancy cardboard (would you buy it?), or just stream on JWPlayer for Patreon donations? I really don't know...

On 11/14/2020 at 12:20 AM, Cinetastic said:

JPJ @ 2m32s "What! Not again F*% $*T!"

🙂

I personally am loving this 4K quality of the whole concert, better than GBstd, Bad Wiz or EV. There could be a mux made with Winston Remaster - but why bother? Another track, anyone? Or just keep it private, or sell a BD through a Japanese LLC with some fancy cardboard (would you buy it?), or just stream on JWPlayer for Patreon donations? I really don't know...

Yep, went full Liberace right there. Never go full Liberace, please.

• 7 months later...