Jim Morrison Books

Has anyone read "Summer With Morrison" by Dennis C. Jakob?

Got it today, just finished it. Of course, I got this to read about Jim's movie tastes, and this is when he was at UCLA Film School. Jim's professor was Josef von Sternberg, and again mentions "Ana-ta-Han" as being the greatest movie ever, but he mentions more. If anyone has a keyword they'd like me to search for them, I'd be happy to type it out.

I recommend this for those who want to read about Jim's college years, conversations, this is really good. Especially if you are looking for something without so much overlap.

16 hours ago, jm7 said:

Visited Cimetiere du Pere Lachaise multiple times. There's much to see besides  Morrison's grave.

IMG_0629.JPGI

I almost did this when I was in Amsterdam, but my friend didn't wanna go...... I was hoping to meet other fans. Did you? I wouldn't just go to see the grave, unless I was i the area.

7 hours ago, MortSahlFan said:

I almost did this when I was in Amsterdam, but my friend didn't wanna go...... I was hoping to meet other fans. Did you? I wouldn't just go to see the grave, unless I was i the area.

Went there years ago, in 1987 when I was in the USMC and looked totally different then. In 87' Jim's grave was a complete mess, graffiti everywhere as well as trash. Some of these jackasses who call themselves "fans" are typically only ghouls basking in the former glory of another's achievements. Any true fan would not desecrate a grave like these animals did.

It's fairly clean now. Pere Lachaise is huge. Finding Morrisons or any of the famous people there is nearly impossible without a map. My girlfriend and I always have a good chuckle watching people look for Morrisons grave without a map. Here are a couple more pictures. Pere Lachaise is beautiful, creepy, and surreal all at once. Most of the graves are well kept but some are in serious disrepair. Some look like something just clawed their way out. 

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

Archived