Montreaux 1970 Eat a Peach

Xolo1974

Hello one and all. 

This really is an amazing gig. My current go to for this is EVSD’s ‘The Great Beast’. 

However, I was reading somewhere the other day that the EAP version is slightly better. 

Anyone heard this and have a view on the EAP version? 

Cheers

Best version of the audience source is still Divinity on Atlantic Ocean. EV’s Intimidator was eq’d too hard. 

For the soundboard, EV’s beast is the way to go. Would be nice if someone combined Divinity with the EV soundboard  portion.

Eat a Peach is hit and miss. Some of them are good, others aren’t. Most of them do some level of combining sources from existing bootlegs.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:34 AM, pluribus said:

Best version of the audience source is still Divinity on Atlantic Ocean. EV’s Intimidator was eq’d too hard. 

For the soundboard, EV’s beast is the way to go. Would be nice if someone combined Divinity with the EV soundboard  portion.

Eat a Peach is hit and miss. Some of them are good, others aren’t. Most of them do some level of combining sources from existing bootlegs.

Holy shit! I have just checked out Divinity. It is absolutely terrific! By far the best version of the audience source. A real step above the Great Beast and EAP.

I’ll just use this as my primary source from now on in conjunction with the SB for HMMT, WLL and CB from the Great Beast. 

Have to say, not at all impressed with the EAP version.

Thanks for the tip Pluribus. I reckon this is pretty much official release quality. I love this show, far more than the RAH earlier in the year. 

On 5/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, rm2551 said:

I have the great beast and Intimidator (also EVSD)

Both FLACs. I'll need to have a listen!

Do yourself a favour Rod. Check out the Divinity version for the audience source. Then use the Great Beast for the last three songs (the soundboard source). 

This shot gives you a perspective of how small the stage was and how the audience was right on top of them at this gig. Imagine the energy!

For the people up front it's like having Led Zeppelin playing in your basement or garage! Listening to the audience tape, it must have been at ear crushing volume. This show is on fire from start to finish and shows the band was untouchable by this time in 1970. To go from sets at the Fillmore (As long as I have you, HMMT, etc.) to a show like this in the span of less than two years is quite phenomenal growth and maturity.    

LZ - 1970.PNG

On 5/14/2019 at 6:28 PM, Xolo1974 said:

Do yourself a favour Rod. Check out the Divinity version for the audience source. Then use the Great Beast for the last three songs (the soundboard source). 

Cheers my brother from a pommie mother. I got the "Excellent Audience" source off Long Live Led Zep. It doesn't say 'divinity' - can't find that.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, pluribus said:

2 weeks ago I downloaded this version from TTD. It's simply STUNNING! Thanks for mentioning this one.

http://www.*/forums/showthread.php?t=117465&highlight=Zeppelin+Divinity

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

On 5/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, pluribus said:

I own both Divinity and the Eat a Peach Montreux titles. The AUD source  on EAP was lacking power, but how does the SB portion compare to the Great Beast?

On 5/8/2019 at 3:34 AM, pluribus said:

Would be nice if someone combined Divinity with the EV soundboard  portion.

There's a guy called JRK who apparently has done just that. I've not checked it out yet. I've downloaded it, but will have a listen tomorrow. 

The boot is called "Intimidating Divinity"

Check your messages