Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

We all know the "Wolf" image hidden in the fourth album's inside cover, but instead of a wolf, I noticed a striking similarity to another image- Anubis, the mythical Egyptian god.

IMG_2019-05-06_07-40-41.thumb.JPG.14ba5127124e0be265e2bf2dcfea0aae.JPG

IMG_2019-05-05_23-24-18.thumb.JPG.16eb9c28f841f420e07f2a2c44598990.JPG

Anubis would later be referred to as Osiris, god of the underworld-

IMG_2019-05-06_07-41-32.thumb.JPG.d2148a4c481d4af4f37e8fa0528086a5.JPG

All speculation of course, but I thought it was interesting. 

There's probably nothing to it, but I agree it's interesting.

Go the pipe life!

To me it kinda looks like the Tardigrade from Star Trek: Discovery. I need to get off the pipe!

A Mad Magazine Fold Out from Zeppelin IV?

I don't think Jimmy made any trips to Egypt as of 1971. 

Very interesting. Personally, I think you're on to something. I don't really believe in coincidences. Wouldn't be surprising as Jimmy is most likely very interested in ancient texts and the esoteric/occult information which can be gleaned from it as well as the symbolism within such myths. But then again this also has to do with whoever created the picture. Isn't the creator of the image heavily speculated if I'm remembering correctly?

7 hours ago, sixpense said:

I don't think Jimmy made any trips to Egypt as of 1971. 

He didn't. But Egyptian mythology existed before he went to Egypt.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:10 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

He didn't. But Egyptian mythology existed before he went to Egypt.

Obviously

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:50 AM, nemophilist said:

Very interesting. Personally, I think you're on to something. I don't really believe in coincidences. Wouldn't be surprising as Jimmy is most likely very interested in ancient texts and the esoteric/occult information which can be gleaned from it as well as the symbolism within such myths. But then again this also has to do with whoever created the picture. Isn't the creator of the image heavily speculated if I'm remembering correctly?

It's quite purposeful. The name of the painting is View In Half or Varying Light. It was drawn by Barrington Colby, a friend of Jimmy's whose last known whereabouts was Switzerland.

What I find most interesting about the album graphics are how the perspective shows the lantern as the dominate source of enlightenment as opposed to the traditional church in the valley. A tip of the hat to paganism perhaps. It does seem to relate to Jimmy's comments about the front cover, how the world turned away from the old ways, etc. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

It's quite purposeful. The name of the painting is View In Half or Varying Light. It was drawn by Barrington Colby, a friend of Jimmy's whose last known whereabouts was Switzerland.

What I find most interesting about the album graphics are how the perspective shows the lantern as the dominate source of enlightenment as opposed to the traditional church in the valley. A tip of the hat to paganism perhaps. It does seem to relate to Jimmy's comments about the front cover, how the world turned away from the old ways, etc. 

You make good points Steve as I believe the church in the distance is to represent conventional or "base" knowledge for the unenlightened. The Hermit represents the true wisdom, wisdom only attained by difficult study and trials. That was the whole point of the Hermetic Principal, unlike traditional religion, the Hermetic Path required the initiate to strive, examine, learn, and prevail several trials. One had to seek and strive for wisdom, it is not bought and it surely is not attained through blind faith and devotion.

1 hour ago, babysquid said:

This really is stretching it it a bit.

Pretty sure it's pure sarcasm. Nonetheless, it's very uncreative at that.

6 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

it is not bought and it surely is not attained through blind faith and devotion.

Too right.

7 hours ago, babysquid said:

This really is stretching it it a bit.

Haha what a load of old bollocks