Philadelphia 6/13/72 - When was Bring It On Home played?

June72

http://www.ledzeppelin-reference.com/geekbaseweb/setpage.aspx?showid=340

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/led-zeppelin/1972/the-spectrum-philadelphia-pa-7bd61ad0.html

A lot of sources on this show seem to contradict each other. I'm assuming the people who released the tape moved Bring It On Home onto the first disc so it would fit?

• 6 months later...

I have been thinking a lot out the Legendary tours and so I started binge listening to the golden month of June 1972.

I do believe BIOH was played after Black Dog and before Since I’ve Been Loving You.  I don’t think it was rearranged by the bootleggers.

It’s murky to listen but as Plant introduces Since I’ve Been Loving You there is a problem with JPJ keyboards and there is about a 2 minute delay.  (The same problem happens the next night at Nassau Coliseum and Plant says “we’ve been having trouble with the keyboards last night and again but it’s cool”).

At first I did think BIOH was from the encores and possibly we had another show which had extended encores.  They tape is pretty fragmentary like the taper only had 1 C-90 min cassette, and I was thinking this song was all that remained from the extra encores since the recording is so fragmentary.  But from the sound of the tape and the crowd noise it does appear it’s in the correct spot. 

They did play it the next night as the final encore so they probably had it rehearsed and ready to go and with the keyboard problem they switched gears and played it so the techs could fix the keyboards. 

Edited by Sticks of Fire

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Zep Hed said:

I agree that it's plausible they played BIOH where it appears on the tape. Long delay after Black Dog; keyboard problem makes sense.

As for the video footage, there's San Bernardino '72 and Philadelphia '75. Perhaps some confusion.

The footage definitely exists, about 10 seconds of it is on ledzepfilm's channel