New 75 LA soundboard

No Quota

8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Trickling out fragments of a complete SB show is nuts. What a crap strategy. Way to get most of your potential customers off side EV.

I would buy something worth while around the $50 mark. I'm sure a ton of people would to have the silvers and a nice cover/inlay.

How is it a crap strategy?  They know as soon as the first physical CDs are delivered, someone will upload it for free download.  It's a bootleg, so they have no way of enforcing any kind of copyright or whatever.  Again, that's the reality of the digital age.  We can all say we'd gladly pay $50 or $100 or whatever for a complete show and promise we'll keep it to ourselves, but EV has no enforcement mechanism to ensure that the market as a whole abides by it.  They simply have to leak out teasers and try to make their necessary profit off of serious collectors (who, almost by definition, are fairly insensitive to price, at least as it would apply to a musical CD as such).  It's unfortunate, but it's the only way we're going to get future shows.  

4 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

How is it a crap strategy?  They know as soon as the first physical CDs are delivered, someone will upload it for free download.  It's a bootleg, so they have no way of enforcing any kind of copyright or whatever.  Again, that's the reality of the digital age.  We can all say we'd gladly pay $50 or $100 or whatever for a complete show and promise we'll keep it to ourselves, but EV has no enforcement mechanism to ensure that the market as a whole abides by it.  They simply have to leak out teasers and try to make their necessary profit off of serious collectors (who, almost by definition, are fairly insensitive to price, at least as it would apply to a musical CD as such).  It's unfortunate, but it's the only way we're going to get future shows.  

ok, it's crappy for everyone involved save for the "serious collectors".

I still think they do themselves no favours. $50 or so and my guess is more people buy it. Yeah, its always going to be shared - I'd share it! but for $50 - I'd but it and probably a lot more people would. Drip feeding is just SHIT.

2 minutes ago, therocker68 said:

zepster1979,have a listen to the Deep Throat collection.It's a true reflection of how the band sounded on the night.If Jimmy did give it some sort of release it would chopped and mixed up like the SRTS.Audience tapes all the way !!!!

I know that set very well. And I am in a good hope that this time they'll improve the quality as original Deep Throat sounded like shit to me, when compared with original tapes.

52 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

ok, it's crappy for everyone involved save for the "serious collectors".

I still think they do themselves no favours. $50 or so and my guess is more people buy it. Yeah, its always going to be shared - I'd share it! but for $50 - I'd but it and probably a lot more people would. Drip feeding is just SHIT.

I fully agree, it sucks.  But, they've clearly decided this is the best way for them to make their money and I understand the reasoning.  If they offered a complete show for $100, they'd still have to wait until they have a sufficient number of confirmed orders (because once they ship, it's game over), and they obviously suspect that not enough people are gonna want to have their money tied up waiting for the order list to grow.  Again, it's easy to say we'd pay $100 in the abstract, but the reality with bootlegs in the digital age is that you'll be subsidizing a large number of free riders, and taking that into account, fewer people want to take the first step.

1 hour ago, therocker68 said:

I don't mind paying big money for the releases,I have loads of Empress Valley and Tarantura originals,what pisses me off is they release half the show like the Osaka show last year and then don't bother with the rest of it.I would sooner pay whatever the price as long as it's the complete show.Oh well,only time will tell if we get it all.

I think it's most likely due to the source supplying those boards to EVSD. Whoever that person (or group of people) is knows just how legendary those shows are and is presumably hoarding them until they get the money they feel they deserve. That being said, I fully get the frustration. Having a tease like 9/29 or 9/28 happen with no follow up or news on what happened is very disheartening. 

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

If they offered a complete show for $100, they'd still have to wait until they have a sufficient number of confirmed orders (because once they ship, it's game over), and they obviously suspect that not enough people are gonna want to have their money tied up waiting for the order list to grow.

This surprises me. Not saying you're wrong of course, but I would think that if EVSD were to announce that they have a soundboard of, say, Long Beach 75 and that they needed 100 preorders before shipping it, people would eat it up. I know their market isn't huge, but I'd be surprised if they would not be able to recoup their investment from doing that. Heck, they could jack up the price even further if they needed/wanted to in that scenario. Since their releases get leaked immediately, I'd say that's the next best thing to do. Maybe their market is even smaller than I thought it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if EV released any future unheard soundboard recordings as singles for $50 each (MP3 Download Format, of course), they would still beat what the band releases officially. If they remastered what they have already put out, and included some different mixes along with it, they would be keeping up with what the band releases officially.

I'll never give a dime to these cheap bastards. From now on I'll be more than happy to get every EVSD release for free. The cost? I'll have to wait about 12 hours.

To hell with the greedy bootleggers. Hoping someone better replaces EVSD's shoes. There are plenty who would. Hint hint.

7 hours ago, lololabrute said:

still can't find any visuals - can you? 

Nope, according to AA the box is to be released mid June... So, my guess is that photographs (or scans) will not see the light 3 days prior to the release. And with the habit of EVSD to postpone releases it will probably be by the end of June (if not July).

From "Yuminori0616":

Led Zeppelin『DEEP THROAT "The Complete 1975 LA Forum Tapes"』(9CD+1DVD EVSD):BP誌では、LA3公演の何れもこの『DEEP THROAT』がベストと評されておりましたが、今回のEVSDの新作は、これよりも音が良いらしいとのことです。

Google Translate:

"Led Zeppelin "DEEP THROAT" The Complete 1975 LA Forum Tapes "" (9 CD + 1 DVD EVSD): In BP magazine, all of the three LA performances were described as "DEEP THROAT" as the best, but this EVSD The new work is said to sound better than this;'.

A compilation of sorts from the three nights at the Forum and a rather a short one too, I'm afraid. Rough Guess ... Clocking in under 60 minutes?  AirRaid announces  this title as a 'multitrack soundboard'👀

Edited by duckman

Just checked out: the stated songs combined will be anything between 74 and 82 minutes:

03-24: 01:14:52

03-25: 01:14:05

03-27: 01:22:06

Who'll be the first one to link a song to a specific night?

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

Well, this is a big yawn (great looking package, however).  It was probably unrealistic to think they'd allocate close to half the CD space on NQ, but still, who cares about them noodling about with WLL?  At the least the version of TU (if it is from the 27th) is the best of the three nights.

At least we know now they have all three nights.  

They will lose buyers though if they keep this up and offering chopped up shows.  Their market was driven by customer loyalty.  If they mess with that EVSDs market will get smaller.  

Edited by Sticks of Fire

With the soundboard so chopped up and missing NQ, I am wondering how good the complete "Original Master Recording" set sounds.  We already have the various remasters of the Mike Millard tapes.

I don't really like the soundboard cover, or the name "Night Stalker".  But that is just me. 

Edited by John M