New 75 LA soundboard

No Quota

40 minutes ago, John M said:

With the soundboard so chopped up and missing NQ, I am wondering how good the complete "Original Master Recording" set sounds.  We already have the various remasters of the Mike Millard tapes.

I don't really like the soundboard cover, or the name "Night Stalker".  But that is just me. 

Yeah, it's a little tasteless.  But my initial reaction when hearing the name was not the real serial killer, but rather the classic (albeit campy) show that was on TV in the '74-75 period.  Maybe they were going with double meaning.

56 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

At least me know now they have all three nights.  

They will lose buyers though if they keep this up and offering chopped up shows.  Their market was drive by customer loyalty.  If they mess with that EVSDs market will get smaller.  

Unfortunately customer loyalty isn't enough for them to make money in the digital upload age.  They've effectively already lost that customer base, because they can't make money off it (regardless how willing that base is to pay in the abstract).  They'll milk subsequent releases like this until they recoup their investment + profit, then release the entire show(s).  Could take several years, which sucks, but they'll eventually see the light of day.

Everyone here seems to know how things can be done better, but nobody seems to realize that Jimmy Page, for example, determines in which order and in which composition he releases something.

For example: we all may think that the 06-25-1972 concert was a better one than the 06-27-1972, or vice versa, when he finds something, in any combination whatsoever, better, he releases it in that way, look at: "How The West Was Won", for which he makes a combination of the above mentioned 2 dates. And what about "The Song Remains The Same", 3 days combined?

The best of all the reactions here are the comments of everyone who thinks they know how EVSD should act. Everyone seems to know how much money EVSD has paid for certain recordings and what the subsequent marketing should be to earn their money. In "one go" as a complete audience or soundboard recording or in small bite-sized chunks to tempt fans and only at a later time "... when they have already earned enough money ..." the entire recording of a certain date.

It seems that many people, with the advent of the internet, have become more demanding. It's on the internet, so it's free, so it's available the way I want it. Most of the people here - in my opinion - have no longer the excitement you experience when you walk into your record store and it appears that they have a new bootleg from your favorite band, buy it and then put it on your record player full of expectation. Then to be pleasantly surprised or perhaps disappointed because the recording is disappointing.

Be happy with every recording that is discovered or released. When EVSD first issues it, determine if you have the money for it. If you don't have the money EVSD wants, wait a month and Eelgrass comes with a digital copy for a fraction of the price of EVSD. Maybe that fits your wallet more. Whenever it's too expensive for you, so be it. I don't think you're complaining about the price of an Aston Martin Cygnet - however it looks the same from the outside - to a Toyota iQ.

For sure, don't tell here what Jimmy Page or EVSD or others should or shouldn't do; they won't listen to you

Stop whining and complaining.

4 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Everyone here seems to know how things can be done better, but nobody seems to realize that Jimmy Page, for example, determines in which order and in which composition he releases something.

For example: we all may think that the 06-25-1972 concert was a better one than the 06-27-1972, or vice versa, when he finds something, in any combination whatsoever, better, he releases it in that way, look at: "How The West Was Won", for which he makes a combination of the above mentioned 2 dates. And what about "The Song Remains The Same", 3 days combined?

The best of all the reactions here are the comments of everyone who thinks they know how EVSD should act. Everyone seems to know how much money EVSD has paid for certain recordings and what the subsequent marketing should be to earn their money. In "one go" as a complete audience or soundboard recording or in small bite-sized chunks to tempt fans and only at a later time "... when they have already earned enough money ..." the entire recording of a certain date.

It seems that many people, with the advent of the internet, have become more demanding. It's on the internet, so it's free, so it's available the way I want it. Most of the people here - in my opinion - have no longer the excitement you experience when you walk into your record store and it appears that they have a new bootleg from your favorite band, buy it and then put it on your record player full of expectation. Then to be pleasantly surprised or perhaps disappointed because the recording is disappointing.

Be happy with every recording that is discovered or released. When EVSD first issues it, determine if you have the money for it. If you don't have the money EVSD wants, wait a month and Eelgrass comes with a digital copy for a fraction of the price of EVSD. Maybe that fits your wallet more. Whenever it's too expensive for you, so be it. I don't think you're complaining about the price of an Aston Martin Cygnet - however it looks the same from the outside - to a Toyota iQ.

For sure, don't tell here what Jimmy Page or EVSD or others should or shouldn't do; they won't listen to you

Stop whining and complaining.

Could you repeat this?  I’m not sure I understand you.

The new set contains for the first time the real master aud sources for all three LA 75 nights from Millard. I guess the label was able to contact his family/anyone, who had possessed copies. Indeed, the quality is superior and it sounds more like a soundboard than usual audience recording.

8 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

Let's say that - the CD market is dead already. Everyone can torrent and download so nobody is buying anymore.

The answer is vinyl, you cannot simply copy and paste. People, who are running bootleg labels should consider that.

You can buy a record player with a digital transfer for like $50 from Walmart. That's been around for years.

3 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

The new set contains for the first time the real master aud sources for all three LA 75 nights from Millard. I guess the label was able to contact his family/anyone, who had possessed copies. Indeed, the quality is superior and it sounds more like a soundboard than usual audience recording.

The back of the disc sleeves say that the recordings are from 1st gen copies.

9 hours ago, therocker68 said:

Hello again,spent yesterday listening to the new Empress Valley release,The Pareidolia Paradox.As always,great packaging and the tapes are sounding better than ever.And the soundboard is astounding !!!! 

Can you tell us if the soundboard is a multi-track? The easiest way to tell is that Jimmy's guitar will be in the right channel instead of the center, like it is in the front of house soundboards EV normally releases. Thanks.

2 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Can you tell us if the soundboard is a multi-track? The easiest way to tell is that Jimmy's guitar will be in the right channel instead of the center, like it is in the front of house soundboards EV normally releases. Thanks.

None of the 1975 us tour soundboards are multi-tracks. They are all 2 channel left-right recordings of the house mix.

According to the OBI's EVSD has done a curious job: "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box contains 11 cd's EVSD 1118 - 1128 "10 cd ltd box" ???

Two sets of discs have the same numbers: 

"The Night Stalker" is no. 1118

"The Face On Mars" (24th): 652557496_Schermafbeelding2019-06-09om23_40_11.thumb.png.5292d163dd924e0b1e1ffb1faee6bfbf.png EVSD 1119 - 1120 - 1121

"The Messiah Of Our Toast" (25th): 586441526_Schermafbeelding2019-06-09om23_47_29.png.09b613072c58099a5f6932cbb300658f.png and

"The Ghost In The Machine" (27th): 1913578698_Schermafbeelding2019-06-09om23_46_49.thumb.png.eaecf8df95755d17f6643b2fb04b02dd.png have both no. EVSD 1122 - 1123 - 1124,

which should obviously be 1125 - 1126 - 1127 according AirRaid's site.

So, where's no. 1128?

4 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

But most of people doesn't take a rip and vinyl stays untouched. That's a very good option for bootleggers.

Sorry, what are you claiming?  That most people who buy vinyl don't open the package, and therefore don't play/listen to the album?  (And so obviously can't upload it.)  Even if that's true (and I doubt it, most vinyl acolytes like the sound, which means they have to open the package), it doesn't matter if most won't, it only takes one person to do a digital transfer (easily doable) and upload.  The problem is still there.  Or do you mean something else?

1 hour ago, pluribus said:

None of the 1975 us tour soundboards are multi-tracks. They are all 2 channel left-right recordings of the house mix.

AirRaid is listing The Night Stalker as "multi-track soundboard", so I'm trying to see if they're correct. If they are, it changes this for me from interesting to essential. It's also the only reason I'd pay that much money for a single CD.

Edited by SteveZ98

4 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

AirRaid is listing The Night Stalker as "multi-track soundboard", so I'm trying to see if they're correct. If they are, it changes this for me from interesting to essential. It's also the only reason I'd pay that much money for a single CD.

He’s confusing “multi-track” with “stereo”.  The soundboard is a stereo recording.

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Sorry, what are you claiming?  That most people who buy vinyl don't open the package, and therefore don't play/listen to the album?  (And so obviously can't upload it.)  Even if that's true (and I doubt it, most vinyl acolytes like the sound, which means they have to open the package), it doesn't matter if most won't, it only takes one person to do a digital transfer (easily doable) and upload.  The problem is still there.  Or do you mean something else?

I think he's saying why even bother with CD packaging when most boot enthusiasts would rather have vinyl anyway. That's certainly not gonna stop the free downloads, but it would probably make vinyl cheaper if they didn't have to recoup the cost of CD packaging that doesn't sale.

15 hours ago, therocker68 said:

Hello again,spent yesterday listening to the new Empress Valley release,The Pareidolia Paradox.As always,great packaging and the tapes are sounding better than ever.And the soundboard is astounding !!!! But I myself was more impressed with the Detroit tape that surfaced a few days ago,and I am still playing the Glasgow show that turned up a couple of months back.I like to get new shows to fill in the gaps but it is still a joy to hear new soundboard tapes of old audience tapes.So,here's to the next release,let's hope it is another audience tape from a long forgotten show.

Hi mate. So you’ve heard it? I thought it wasn’t even out yet? 

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

No. The vinyl cannot be transferred in several seconds. You need real time job to do a rip. Then you have at least edit and split individual tracks, often downsampling to a CD format. Most of vinyl collectors I know aren't interested to do any digital rips as they're thinking it's a waste of time and energy. Vinyl collectors are somewhat an elite and they do not care about the others. It may prevent kids and wankers from downloading everything for free and putting it everywhere, at least for some time. Unfortunately, there will be some assholes doing that as soon as any of unreleased stuff is going to see the daylight because they're not enough smart to realize that only covering the budget will prevent bootleggers from stopping releasing another tape.

11 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Hi mate. So you’ve heard it? I thought it wasn’t even out yet? 

Just heard some samples. Well, it's another 75 show , Plants voice fucked, Jimmy's fingers quite sticky, Jones and Bonzo kicking ass.  Stairway features some very aggressive drumming.  I'm glad it's surfaced but I'm looking forward to more from the early days. The quality of the recently discovered 1972 Detroit audience is pretty bad but the performance is 🔥

Back to my bootleg ears. 

Edited by porgie66

Listening to the 3 different versions of "Stairway To Heaven" from my "Deep Throat" (2015 reissue) set and comparing them to the sample on "Black Beauty", I notice some strange things. I'm only listening on my computer, so no state-of-the-art equipment, just my ears.

1.) it is much clearer than the "Deep Throat" versions

2.) sometimes it appears too me it runs too fast

3.) it seems to be chopped up and afterwards be fixed

4.) sometimes I'm missing bits and pieces

5.) which date have they used?

image.png.39512e21cefb209d57da4811c6fd4de3.png

I'm waiting for a more "professional" analysis of this song which proves my wrong or right.