New 75 LA soundboard

No Quota

8 minutes ago, John M said:

The samples sound great.  I am no audiophile - to me they sound as good soundwise as Deus ex Machina.  

Agreed. I think they sound even better than Seattle. Might even be the best sound quality of any 75 board.  These samples are making me re-think my opinion of the 3/24 show. From these tracks, the band sounds great. Not nearly as sloppy as I remember. The Millard tape for 3/24 is heavy on Page’s guitar and light on Bonham’s drums. On the soundboard, the balance is perfect, and you can hear all of Bonham’s fills better, and it’s much easier to forgive Page’s slips.

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

"The Night Stalker" is on DIME. I didn't listen to it yet, but what about this comment? 1784157572_Schermafbeelding2019-06-15om12_44_52.thumb.png.b4cc898b26ecdce3bada6b8c82acddd1.png

The comment above says that the new release of the Millard tapes is not better than some prior versions.  Has anyone else here listened to the new 9 CD release of the Millard tapes from all 3 LA shows?  

Edited by John M

5 hours ago, John M said:

The comment above says that the new release of the Millard tapes is not better than some prior versions.  Has anyone else here listened to the new 9 CD release of the Millard tapes from all 3 LA shows?  

That's not what I ment. Pluribus was talking about 24th ("...entire disc...confirmed...") and on DIME someone (bionade) said is was 25th!

2 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

That's not what I ment. Pluribus was talking about 24th ("...entire disc...confirmed...") and on DIME someone (bionade) said is was 25th!

It’s entirely from the 24th. The person who thought it was from the 25th now agrees in the comments.

17 minutes ago, pluribus said:

It’s entirely from the 24th. The person who thought it was from the 25th now agrees in the comments.

I'm sorry, didn't read that. Haven't been on DIME after 11:00 GMT after I snatched "The Night Stalker".

2 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I'm sorry, didn't read that. Haven't been on DIME after 11:00 GMT after I snatched "The Night Stalker".

Hi all. I can’t get onto Dime. I sure  would appreciate an alternative link from someone on google drives or wetransfer or something.

Neil

It's from the 24th, and it's from a stereo (not multitrack) soundboard.

It sounds great, it's only one CD but it's a decent-length one (about 67-68 minutes I believe). It's available for about $91US, which is a lot of money but not outrageous; and for 99+% of folks it's available for free since they have/will be downloading it rather than buying it. All good as far as I'm concerned, no need for complaints.

EV have also been on a nice trend of releasing shows with artwork using photos from the actual shows. Osaka 71 HTEWW, Seattle 75 Treachery of the Long Knives, now this Paraediola Paradigm box and the newly released Bonzo’s Birthday Party set. All use photos from the actual shows. Very cool.

4 hours ago, ledpoison1 said:

EV seems to be depleted of complete recordings. Or what's the point in putting out teasers like that?

They aren’t depleted of recordings. They’ve just come up with a business model that works better for them. They need us as customers as much as we need them to keep providing the good stuff.

The Seattle board was preceded by that one track teaser of Heartbreaker. Osaka had been teased by clips from both nights, then single songs, then more. The upgraded Montreux soundboard is just the second half of the show. Now the 3/24 LA board is a third of that show.  It is what it is.

Any comments beyond what they might or might not have is of course speculation. The track record is 17 years of releasing unheard soundboards. In between, they’ve done all sorts of releases. Some better than others, and some great ones. The recent Japan 72 box, Australia 72 box, the MSG 73 box.  And have we all forgotten the holy grail Seattle board so soon?

If they release a decently priced complete SB show of the 24/03 LA gig - I'll splurge for sure. DECENTLY priced. I'm by no means a rich man. Of course, if I was, I'd go all in on boxes they release no problem. Just gotta get that winning lottery ticket....

Has anyone hear heard the 9 CD release described below:

The Pareidolia Paradigm - This 9CD set, limited and numbered to 100 copies, features huge upgrades, previously unreleased rare sources and the lowest generation source material ever released on disk for all three Los Angeles Forum March 1975 shows. Each show is presented in the best quality and most complete version ever released. Each CD set is housed in special paper cases within an exquisite box with hologram cover. This set includes The Night Stalker new soundboard as a special bonus disk.

I love the name Pareidolia Paradigm 

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music.

3 hours ago, John M said:

I love the name Pareidolia Paradigm 

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music.

As the photo's I posted some days ago...😉

2 hours ago, John M said:

Heard the whole Night Stalker on YouTube.  Even on YouTube it sounds great. Dying Time, Song Remains and Trampled lead the way.  The bass and drums sound fantastic, as do the keys on Trampled.

The sound is great but I'm missing the "live experience". So, who's the first to merge this SDB with the best sounding AUD? Sue Dounim perhaps?

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

So, who's the first to merge this SDB with the best sounding AUD? Sue Dounim perhaps?

It needs something. The Grame remaster gives it heaps of depth. Sounds incredible.

I have to say, this release has raised my opinion a bit of the LA shows, esp. STH.  The outstanding sound quality gives these songs a certain lift that's missing from the audience recording (Black Dog is still a gory mess).  Looking forward to hearing the rest (eventually, in a few years :( ).