Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
No Quota

New 75 LA soundboard

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Sorry, what are you claiming?  That most people who buy vinyl don't open the package, and therefore don't play/listen to the album?  (And so obviously can't upload it.)  Even if that's true (and I doubt it, most vinyl acolytes like the sound, which means they have to open the package), it doesn't matter if most won't, it only takes one person to do a digital transfer (easily doable) and upload.  The problem is still there.  Or do you mean something else?

No. The vinyl cannot be transferred in several seconds. You need real time job to do a rip. Then you have at least edit and split individual tracks, often downsampling to a CD format. Most of vinyl collectors I know aren't interested to do any digital rips as they're thinking it's a waste of time and energy. Vinyl collectors are somewhat an elite and they do not care about the others. It may prevent kids and wankers from downloading everything for free and putting it everywhere, at least for some time. Unfortunately, there will be some assholes doing that as soon as any of unreleased stuff is going to see the daylight because they're not enough smart to realize that only covering the budget will prevent bootleggers from stopping releasing another tape.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Hi mate. So you’ve heard it? I thought it wasn’t even out yet? 

Just heard some samples. Well, it's another 75 show , Plants voice fucked, Jimmy's fingers quite sticky, Jones and Bonzo kicking ass.  Stairway features some very aggressive drumming.  I'm glad it's surfaced but I'm looking forward to more from the early days. The quality of the recently discovered 1972 Detroit audience is pretty bad but the performance is 🔥

Back to my bootleg ears. 

Edited by porgie66

Listening to the 3 different versions of "Stairway To Heaven" from my "Deep Throat" (2015 reissue) set and comparing them to the sample on "Black Beauty", I notice some strange things. I'm only listening on my computer, so no state-of-the-art equipment, just my ears.

1.) it is much clearer than the "Deep Throat" versions

2.) sometimes it appears too me it runs too fast

3.) it seems to be chopped up and afterwards be fixed

4.) sometimes I'm missing bits and pieces

5.) which date have they used?

image.png.39512e21cefb209d57da4811c6fd4de3.png

I'm waiting for a more "professional" analysis of this song which proves my wrong or right.

8 minutes ago, John M said:

The samples sound great.  I am no audiophile - to me they sound as good soundwise as Deus ex Machina.  

Agreed. I think they sound even better than Seattle. Might even be the best sound quality of any 75 board.  These samples are making me re-think my opinion of the 3/24 show. From these tracks, the band sounds great. Not nearly as sloppy as I remember. The Millard tape for 3/24 is heavy on Page’s guitar and light on Bonham’s drums. On the soundboard, the balance is perfect, and you can hear all of Bonham’s fills better, and it’s much easier to forgive Page’s slips.

6 hours ago, pluribus said:

Confirmed from a friend that the entire Night Stalker disc is from the March 24th show.  

"The Night Stalker" is on DIME. I didn't listen to it yet, but what about this comment? 1784157572_Schermafbeelding2019-06-15om12_44_52.thumb.png.b4cc898b26ecdce3bada6b8c82acddd1.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

"The Night Stalker" is on DIME. I didn't listen to it yet, but what about this comment? 1784157572_Schermafbeelding2019-06-15om12_44_52.thumb.png.b4cc898b26ecdce3bada6b8c82acddd1.png

The comment above says that the new release of the Millard tapes is not better than some prior versions.  Has anyone else here listened to the new 9 CD release of the Millard tapes from all 3 LA shows?  

Edited by John M

5 hours ago, John M said:

The comment above says that the new release of the Millard tapes is not better than some prior versions.  Has anyone else here listened to the new 9 CD release of the Millard tapes from all 3 LA shows?  

That's not what I ment. Pluribus was talking about 24th ("...entire disc...confirmed...") and on DIME someone (bionade) said is was 25th!

2 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

That's not what I ment. Pluribus was talking about 24th ("...entire disc...confirmed...") and on DIME someone (bionade) said is was 25th!

It’s entirely from the 24th. The person who thought it was from the 25th now agrees in the comments.

17 minutes ago, pluribus said:

It’s entirely from the 24th. The person who thought it was from the 25th now agrees in the comments.

I'm sorry, didn't read that. Haven't been on DIME after 11:00 GMT after I snatched "The Night Stalker".

I was at the show on the 24th, and I've been wanting a soundboard of this for years, so this is big news for me. Release the whole show, though, come on, these "partial" releases are fucking stupid

2 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I'm sorry, didn't read that. Haven't been on DIME after 11:00 GMT after I snatched "The Night Stalker".

Hi all. I can’t get onto Dime. I sure  would appreciate an alternative link from someone on google drives or wetransfer or something.

Neil

It's from the 24th, and it's from a stereo (not multitrack) soundboard.

It sounds great, it's only one CD but it's a decent-length one (about 67-68 minutes I believe). It's available for about $91US, which is a lot of money but not outrageous; and for 99+% of folks it's available for free since they have/will be downloading it rather than buying it. All good as far as I'm concerned, no need for complaints.

49 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Hi all. I can’t get onto Dime. I sure  would appreciate an alternative link from someone on google drives or wetransfer or something.

Neil

PM sent.

Grabbed it from Dime, don't think it's that great, just another dry mono sbd. Though on the positive side The Crunge is f'in ace, should be separate track.

EV have also been on a nice trend of releasing shows with artwork using photos from the actual shows. Osaka 71 HTEWW, Seattle 75 Treachery of the Long Knives, now this Paraediola Paradigm box and the newly released Bonzo’s Birthday Party set. All use photos from the actual shows. Very cool.

Posted (edited)

EV seems to be depleted of complete recordings. Or what's the point in putting out teasers like that?

Edited by ledpoison1

4 hours ago, ledpoison1 said:

EV seems to be depleted of complete recordings. Or what's the point in putting out teasers like that?

They aren’t depleted of recordings. They’ve just come up with a business model that works better for them. They need us as customers as much as we need them to keep providing the good stuff.

The Seattle board was preceded by that one track teaser of Heartbreaker. Osaka had been teased by clips from both nights, then single songs, then more. The upgraded Montreux soundboard is just the second half of the show. Now the 3/24 LA board is a third of that show.  It is what it is.

Any comments beyond what they might or might not have is of course speculation. The track record is 17 years of releasing unheard soundboards. In between, they’ve done all sorts of releases. Some better than others, and some great ones. The recent Japan 72 box, Australia 72 box, the MSG 73 box.  And have we all forgotten the holy grail Seattle board so soon?

If they release a decently priced complete SB show of the 24/03 LA gig - I'll splurge for sure. DECENTLY priced. I'm by no means a rich man. Of course, if I was, I'd go all in on boxes they release no problem. Just gotta get that winning lottery ticket....