Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
No Quota

New 75 LA soundboard

I have played the new LA soundboard several times now and just cannot get into it.A Zep gig for me is two or three hours of excellent music with Plantations and off mike comments,completely submerged in the concert.These partial soundboards EVSD keep releasing are rubbish,I have been buying EVSD releases for over a decade and own loads of standard releases and box sets but if they keep this up I'm afraid I will have to spend my cash elsewhere.I purchased this new release and several others over the last few months and I have to say the best one has got to be the Queen 9 CD box set from their Japanese 1976 tour.Complete audience tapes with all of Mercury's chat in between the songs,I think I will go back to the Glasgow audience tape unearthed a few months ago. EVSD have seen the last of my money.

8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

If they release a decently priced complete SB show

Not gonna happen. Apparently they make more money selling to a select few hardcore boot collectors for $300 than a lot of casual collectors for $50.

Has anyone hear heard the 9 CD release described below:

The Pareidolia Paradigm - This 9CD set, limited and numbered to 100 copies, features huge upgrades, previously unreleased rare sources and the lowest generation source material ever released on disk for all three Los Angeles Forum March 1975 shows. Each show is presented in the best quality and most complete version ever released. Each CD set is housed in special paper cases within an exquisite box with hologram cover. This set includes The Night Stalker new soundboard as a special bonus disk.

I love the name Pareidolia Paradigm 

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music.

Heard the whole Night Stalker on YouTube.  Even on YouTube it sounds great. Dying Time, Song Remains and Trampled lead the way.  The bass and drums sound fantastic, as do the keys on Trampled.

3 hours ago, John M said:

I love the name Pareidolia Paradigm 

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music.

As the photo's I posted some days ago...😉

2 hours ago, John M said:

Heard the whole Night Stalker on YouTube.  Even on YouTube it sounds great. Dying Time, Song Remains and Trampled lead the way.  The bass and drums sound fantastic, as do the keys on Trampled.

The sound is great but I'm missing the "live experience". So, who's the first to merge this SDB with the best sounding AUD? Sue Dounim perhaps?

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

So, who's the first to merge this SDB with the best sounding AUD? Sue Dounim perhaps?

It needs something. The Grame remaster gives it heaps of depth. Sounds incredible.

I have to say, this release has raised my opinion a bit of the LA shows, esp. STH.  The outstanding sound quality gives these songs a certain lift that's missing from the audience recording (Black Dog is still a gory mess).  Looking forward to hearing the rest (eventually, in a few years :( ).  

any proof that this new set has actual better sound than the already awesome Deep Throat sets? I have the original box and the Xmas edition (Physical Graffiti cover) .. I would hate to spend all that cash for just another "more of the same"... 

Anyone? 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

I have to say, this release has raised my opinion a bit of the LA shows, esp. STH.  The outstanding sound quality gives these songs a certain lift that's missing from the audience recording (Black Dog is still a gory mess).  Looking forward to hearing the rest (eventually, in a few years :( ).  

Although I think this CD actually has a lot of the stuff on it that benefits most from a quality SB, stuff like NQ and DAC I enjoyed a lot already.

Received my "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box today. Just opened the package... Help: I don't understand, speak or read Japanese. So is there anyone anywhere who can tell me the number of my box???

IMG_5914-c.jpg.d6bcc0be4b16a2e38dad05f96c10b27e.jpg

3 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Received my "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box today. Just opened the package... Help: I don't understand, speak or read Japanese. So is there anyone anywhere who can tell me the number of my box???

:googleit:

Couldn't find anything... another problem are these (I guess) old style characters, and the new style characters you find using Google... Very difficult to compare for me!

Received my "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box today.

Please let us know about the sound quality in the non soundboard discs as compared to previous releases of the Millard recordings.  They were advertised as a big upgrade.  Thanks.

How much did you pay mate? 

Couldn't find anything... another problem are these (I guess) old style characters, and the new style characters you find using Google... Very difficult to compare for me!

Sorry, maybe someone who lives there (SAJ or others) might give you the answer...or a better place to find it. ✌🏼

2 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

$ 300,-

I guess that’s not bad - I assume it included the soundboard? 

I must say, on this new soundboard you can hear every flaw in Rock and Roll.  It is pretty rough for all of them, especially Plant as usual on this song in 1975, but the band is really all over the place.  They get out of step with each other.

1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

I guess that’s not bad - I assume it included the soundboard? 

Yep, the complete box, as advertised... All three dates, the soundboard, the obvious EVSD-sticker, numbered card (although I don't know which number...🤪) and the card with the upcoming EVSD-releases...

D8ikZsWV4AAZKKJ.jpg-large.jpg.38ae07215e

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Yep, the complete box, as advertised... All three dates, the soundboard, the obvious EVSD-sticker, numbered card (although I don't know which number...🤪) and the card with the upcoming EVSD-releases...

D8ikZsWV4AAZKKJ.jpg-large.jpg.38ae07215e

Bit of a mystery the numbers as they use the same numbering system as us Westerners and most of the world in general......useful in Japanese shops and websites as at least you can identify the price!

It's not a sticker covering the number by any chance?  I remember the Divinity release shipped like that way back but it told you in English to remove it!

Edited by jbrum77634
Spelling

On 7/3/2019 at 5:46 AM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

見本盤  ->  sample disc (promotional copy)

7 hours ago, Blimp_Life said:

見本盤  ->  sample disc (promotional copy)

Thanks for the explanation, but is this special? I guess not... every copy out of 100 got this “sample disc”? Curious to know!

13 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Thanks for the explanation, but is this special? I guess not... every copy out of 100 got this “sample disc”? Curious to know!

just got mine today and it has the same marking. 

13 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said: