Jump to content

New 75 LA soundboard


No Quota
 Share

Recommended Posts

any proof that this new set has actual better sound than the already awesome Deep Throat sets? I have the original box and the Xmas edition (Physical Graffiti cover) .. I would hate to spend all that cash for just another "more of the same"... 

 

Anyone? 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

I have to say, this release has raised my opinion a bit of the LA shows, esp. STH.  The outstanding sound quality gives these songs a certain lift that's missing from the audience recording (Black Dog is still a gory mess).  Looking forward to hearing the rest (eventually, in a few years :( ).  

Although I think this CD actually has a lot of the stuff on it that benefits most from a quality SB, stuff like NQ and DAC I enjoyed a lot already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Received my "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box today. Just opened the package... Help: I don't understand, speak or read Japanese. So is there anyone anywhere who can tell me the number of my box???

IMG_5914-c.jpg.d6bcc0be4b16a2e38dad05f96c10b27e.jpg

:googleit:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Received my "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box today.

Please let us know about the sound quality in the non soundboard discs as compared to previous releases of the Millard recordings.  They were advertised as a big upgrade.  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Received my "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box today. Just opened the package... Help: I don't understand, speak or read Japanese. So is there anyone anywhere who can tell me the number of my box???

IMG_5914-c.jpg.d6bcc0be4b16a2e38dad05f96c10b27e.jpg

How much did you pay mate? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Couldn't find anything... another problem are these (I guess) old style characters, and the new style characters you find using Google... Very difficult to compare for me!

Sorry, maybe someone who lives there (SAJ or others) might give you the answer...or a better place to find it. ✌🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must say, on this new soundboard you can hear every flaw in Rock and Roll.  It is pretty rough for all of them, especially Plant as usual on this song in 1975, but the band is really all over the place.  They get out of step with each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

I guess that’s not bad - I assume it included the soundboard? 

Yep, the complete box, as advertised... All three dates, the soundboard, the obvious EVSD-sticker, numbered card (although I don't know which number...🤪) and the card with the upcoming EVSD-releases...

D8ikZsWV4AAZKKJ.jpg-large.jpg.38ae07215e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Yep, the complete box, as advertised... All three dates, the soundboard, the obvious EVSD-sticker, numbered card (although I don't know which number...🤪) and the card with the upcoming EVSD-releases...

D8ikZsWV4AAZKKJ.jpg-large.jpg.38ae07215e

Bit of a mystery the numbers as they use the same numbering system as us Westerners and most of the world in general......useful in Japanese shops and websites as at least you can identify the price!

It's not a sticker covering the number by any chance?  I remember the Divinity release shipped like that way back but it told you in English to remove it!

Edited by jbrum77634
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2019 at 5:46 AM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Received my "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box today. Just opened the package... Help: I don't understand, speak or read Japanese. So is there anyone anywhere who can tell me the number of my box???

IMG_5914-c.jpg.d6bcc0be4b16a2e38dad05f96c10b27e.jpg

見本盤  ->  sample disc (promotional copy)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Thanks for the explanation, but is this special? I guess not... every copy out of 100 got this “sample disc”? Curious to know!

just got mine today and it has the same marking. 

 

13 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Thanks for the explanation, but is this special? I guess not... every copy out of 100 got this “sample disc”? Curious to know!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just heard from ArgenteumAstrum every box had the same marking. No numbers. So I guess, EVSD could release 200 boxes with the same card: "promotional copy/100".

When you receive box number 134/100 you know something's wrong but when you receive the 134th box with "promotional copy/100" you don't know anything!

We have to trust EVSD on this... 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Just heard from ArgenteumAstrum every box had the same marking. No numbers. So I guess, EVSD could release 200 boxes with the same card: "promotional copy/100".

When you receive box number 134/100 you know something's wrong but when you receive the 134th box with "promotional copy/100" you don't know anything!

We have to trust EVSD on this... 😜

I have looking at mine and that is No 00069/100. Maybe they go to thousend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2019 at 10:46 PM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Received my "The Pareidolia Paradigm" box today. Just opened the package... Help: I don't understand, speak or read Japanese. So is there anyone anywhere who can tell me the number of my box???

IMG_5914-c.jpg.d6bcc0be4b16a2e38dad05f96c10b27e.jpg

A reaction from Japan:

"...This example says “Promo Only”.
I never heard of any of examples of this type. 
This is much rarer than numbering!..."
 
So, anyone anymore information? Like to know as much as possible on this card and whether or not EVSD is making up stories on the "Limited 100 copies & numbered" claim, or other numbers: "Tit For Tat": 50 pcs; "The Great Beast - 666": 150 pcs. etc.
And what about the UKIYO-E series of the 928 "Black Dog" and the 929 "Immigrant Song" and "Stairway To Heaven" recordings: Not for sale, 20 copies only... I've got an almost complete set of 15 covers, just "Immigrant Song" type F missing 😜
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

A reaction from Japan:

"...This example says “Promo Only”.
I never heard of any of examples of this type. 
This is much rarer than numbering!..."
 
So, anyone anymore information? Like to know as much as possible on this card and whether or not EVSD is making up stories on the "Limited 100 copies & numbered" claim, or other numbers: "Tit For Tat": 50 pcs; "The Great Beast - 666": 150 pcs. etc.
And what about the UKIYO-E series of the 928 "Black Dog" and the 929 "Immigrant Song" and "Stairway To Heaven" recordings: Not for sale, 20 copies only... I've got an almost complete set of 15 covers, just "Immigrant Song" type F missing 😜

What’s the audience source like for the LA gigs? Is it an upgrade on previous releases? Very curious. Hope you’re enjoying it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Is it certain that this SB disc is entirely from the 24th?  The version of TU appears on Deep Throat II (i.e. the 25th) on the CDs I have (unless they're mislabeled?).

I think TU is from the 24th: Around 1:25 minutes into the song, after the fourth verse "Specialist tradition, Mama let me feast my eyes" there is a significant guitar flub. This flub is present on all versions I have: Deep Throat remastered, The Face On Mars of the new Pareidolia Paradigm Box & the new SB Night Stalker version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Autumn Moon said:

I think TU is from the 24th: Around 1:25 minutes into the song, after the fourth verse "Specialist tradition, Mama let me feast my eyes" there is a significant guitar flub. This flub is present on all versions I have: Deep Throat remastered, The Face On Mars of the new Pareidolia Paradigm Box & the new SB Night Stalker version.

The solo from the Night Stalker version is definitely the solo on my version of Deep Throat II, perhaps my discs were mislabeled, I'll poke around Black Beauty to see if I can confirm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...