Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
LedZeppfan1977

Scam/Spam calls getting more sophisticated and dangerous

I just got one saying they are Social Security Administration.  Bullshit.  I asked this asian Indian fella that answered why I was flagged, and he quickly hung up on me.  I could hear the chatter of a room full of fucking trolls on their phones

I get them all the time, they amuse me they are so obvious.  Calls about my internet being corrupted are the most common either by person to person or recorded message. The message type I just hang up the P to P I play along with them until they hang up. I get some that tell me I'm going to be arrested for non payment of tax, calls informing me my internet is going to be cut off within 24 hours. I've had calls supposedly from the police, I just tell them to send me a letter and hang up. I'm not going to be taken in by anyone who calls me by phone. I didn't get any at all for a while when I had my call blocker turned on, for some reason I turned it off, just not got around to switching it back on. As SAJ said their target is primarily the elderly who are more likely to be taken in by these scum bags.

My Father fell for their act before he passed away.  He answered the phone to, "Grandpa ???"  He immediately thought it was my oldest nephew calling from out of town, mentioned his name, and the scammer rolled with it.  Told him he got picked up for drunk driving in Atlanta, and didn't want his wife or Mom to know.  Pops sent a check for $1500 bucks to an offshore account.  They used the excuse it was for bail.  We never had a clue until after the fact, when he figured it out for himself that he had been scammed.  A hard lesson learned.  After he passed, we also found out he was sending cash to one of the Lakota indian tribe schools out West.  Lol....they were sending him supposed indian blankets made in China in return.

I kept getting the auto extended warranty calls on my cell phone once I retired.  I finally answered one, and told them I wanted to extend the warranty on my 13 year old truck with 170,000 miles on it.....never heard from them again.       

I got 6 calls from those pricks today and each number was different, but had the same area code: 281. I'd like to answer just so I can tell them to go fuck themselves.

Posted (edited)

I don't answer any call that comes from a number that isn't identified or is from someone I don't know. Then I block that number and add it to my "reject call" list on my phone. Makes my life a lot easier.

Edited by Strider

23 hours ago, Strider said:

I don't answer any call that comes from a number that isn't identified or is from someone I don't know. Then I block that number and add it to my "reject call" list on my phone. Makes my life a lot easier.

I just want to answer them and grunt like a caveman.

When little girls lose interest, even Barbie can become homeless.

HOMELESS BARBIE.jpg