"Fuckin' horrible, son"

RoyHarper

As Plant is introducing No Quarter at their St. Louis show (Feb 16th, 1975), the words "Fuckin' horrible, son!" can clearly be heard in a menacing Scottish accent. The volume, clarity and accent all suggest to me that this didn't come from the crowd but rather from someone on or behind the stage. Anyone know who this might have been and what they were referring to?

51 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I always thought Bonzo was saying "Fucking horrible song" to rib Jonesy, but yeah, that's definitely him & at the end of "No Quarter." (Right up your)...

🤣

If it was up to Bonzo, Over the Hills would be played at every show.

Edited by Dirty Work

9 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I think that was Vancouver 19, but I won't nitpick.... 😁

Yes, he definitely mentions it in Vancouver on March 19, but I'm pretty sure he mentions it at several shows throughout the tour...

• 4 weeks later...

Because there are a few times where Bonzo yelled "Over the Hills!" and the band should have listened!

Btw... if you''re like me, you love every member of Zeppelin. But in 1977 and 1975 Jimmy really gave us some Jimmy Page. '77 OTHAFA is probably Jimmy's darkest solo, IMO. It is super unique. It's Jimmy saying "hold my beer, I'm going to make this like a No Quarter solo".