Detroit 1972

gibsonfan159

Yes, it's not bad, not great. But it's a great find. I helped the taper get the tapes transferred by KRW_CO. He also has an alternate source for Detroit 73 that sounds very good. 

Edited by porgie66

24 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Sweet!   Been hoping for this show to surface one day!

is it complete?

Sadly no, it starts around Bron Y Aur Stomp so it's missing the first third or so. Dazed is a monster though. 

3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Sadly no, it starts around Bron Y Aur Stomp so it's missing the first third or so. Dazed is a monster though. 

Thanks.  Still a treasure.

The best holy grail yet to heard (no tape exists though) would be Denver 1972.    Hope a recording was made by someone.   

10 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Yes, it's not bad, not great. But it's a great find. I helped the taper get the tapes transferred by KRW_CO. He also has an alternate source for Detroit 73 that sounds very good. 

Which Detroit 73 show? The July 12th one or the July 13th one? It'd be great to hear the first two thirds of the latter.

15 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

Which Detroit 73 show? The July 12th one or the July 13th one? It'd be great to hear the first two thirds of the latter.

I know! Especially the complete board. 

No , it July 12. Rock and Roll is complete. 

4 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Ah, oh well! It's still great that his tape can provide us with a complete version of Rock and Roll. How does it compare with the other source for that show sound-wise?

16 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

I've uploaded the KRW_CO EQed version to my YouTube channel. Thanks to all involved for making this show available! :) 

You’re awesome.  Thanks!     Great relaxed and powerful show!!   The jam before the bow solo sparked my memory about the powerful jam before the bow solo at the Montreal and Charlotte shows the following nights. Such a cool spontaneous jam.  

And they do Turn On Your Lovelight during the last half of Dazed!  

Bring on Denver ‘72 and San Diego ‘72 now!

Edited by Sticks of Fire

This is very enjoyable, good sound too, nothing to complain about.  D&C is indeed hot, so is WLL.  (It's definitely Detroit, Plant refers to it when saying goodnight, he also mentions the Grande Ballroom ("Grandee") after BYAS.)  Forget those soundboards that will be trickled out over the next decade, give us more of these tapes, please!

On 6/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, ZepHead315 said:

I've uploaded the KRW_CO EQed version to my YouTube channel. Thanks to all involved for making this show available! :)

Thanks, love the nice long version of Bron-Y-Aur Stomp!

On 6/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, porgie66 said:

Hopefully the taper and his friend arent singing along to “The Ocean” directly into the microphone as they were taping the show, like on Recording number 1.

😜😆🤣

Empress Valley didn't waste any time putting this one out. Meanwhile, they're dicking around with Japan 71, LA 75 etal . Maybe they'll make some $$ off this source that they downloaded for free and they'll fell better about trickling out some more of 9/28/71. 

On 6/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, Sticks of Fire said:

Thanks.  Still a treasure.

The best holy grail yet to heard (no tape exists though) would be Denver 1972.    Hope a recording was made by someone.   

I would kill for a recording of Denver '72. From all I've read, we have additional instances of them playing Louie Louie and The Ocean that night at the very least, and I'd love to hear them both. It'd also be nice to get a source for the Buffalo show, as there are rumors that could've been the first time they played The Ocean.

On June 7, 2019 at 2:30 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Ah, oh well! It's still great that his tape can provide us with a complete version of Rock and Roll. How does it compare with the other source for that show sound-wise?

Thank you for posting this zephead315

It was cool to compare this 72 bron yr stomp with the 77s

Very interesting hearing a young, what is and what should never be...and maybe why page and plant reflected on this and ramble on in the 90s and as time went on, playing ramble on in 2007

With dazed and confused, a good improv section and i loved hearing, gd's turn on your lovelight, as mentioned above...also i think eddie van halen found a song in that jam. 

Whole lotta improv and cover songs......just amazing!!!!!!!

Nice to hear a version of rock and roll floating along and easy sounding

• 11 months later...

Gettin round to hearing this for the first time. The band's Running Bear phase! Clever title for EV's release referencing the Freddie King t-shirt. I might have titled it 'Press Record/Play to Record' for the taper's back story!

The last thing I hear on the tape is Robert saying 'good evening.' Another encore? Most shows around this period had multiple encores. Most commonly Breakdown followed R&R. Not a bad audience recording at all.

3 hours ago, Zep Hed said:

Gettin round to hearing this for the first time. The band's Running Bear phase! Clever title for EV's release referencing the Freddie King t-shirt. I might have titled it 'Press Record/Play to Record' for the taper's back story!

The last thing I hear on the tape is Robert saying 'good evening.' Another encore? Most shows around this period had multiple encores. Most commonly Breakdown followed R&R. Not a bad audience recording at all.

Yes you are correct, encores were R&R (which is present on the recording) followed by Communication Breakdown or Thank you or both.