Jeff Ochletree ??

Is there anyone on the forum who can say with certainty that he is legit? I don't doubt he worked for Bonham , maybe as an assistant tech but I have had my doubts about him ever since his video came out talking about Bonhams green sparkle kit. There are things that he says in that video that are questionable. Jason commented in the thread of comments that it was "so sad, this guy never worked for my dad" . Wish Mick Hinton were still around to clarify. 

"It makes me so sad . I've asked everyone and I mean everyone and Geoff never worked for my father . Mick Hinton was my dads tech . The story was my dad meet him in the rainbow and he liked him cuz he worked for Billy Cobham so he was invited to the show !!!" -- Jason Bonham

Jason's comment is unequivocal and pretty damning. Personally, I can't think of a reason why Geoff would have worked for Bonham in '77 or '79, either live or in the studio as Mick Hinton was his drum tech at that time. It's perhaps interesting to note Geoff says he "worked with" Bonham and not "worked for" Bonham. Something like that could mean while Geoff was supporting someone else in '77 or '79 a conversation about drums ensued between them. In any event, I'm sorry to close by sharing that Geoff has been battling prostate since September 2018. 

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

"It makes me so sad . I've asked everyone and I mean everyone and Geoff never worked for my father . Mick Hinton was my dads tech . The story was my dad meet him in the rainbow and he liked him cuz he worked for Billy Cobham so he was invited to the show !!!" -- Jason Bonham

Jason's comment is unequivocal and pretty damning. Personally, I can't think of a reason why Geoff would have worked for Bonham in '77 or '79, either live or in the studio as Mick Hinton was his drum tech at that time. It's perhaps interesting to note Geoff says he "worked with" Bonham and not "worked for" Bonham. Something like that could mean while Geoff was supporting someone else in '77 or '79 a conversation about drums ensued between them. In any event, I'm sorry to close by sharing that Geoff has been battling prostate since September 2018. 

I recall from the Barney Hoskyns book that Jeff was doing extra "drum setting up" assistance on the 77 tour. Iirc the source for this was Benji LeFevre (?), I'll have to dig it out. The claims on wiki about Jeff being there for the recording of ITTOD are more controversial.

EDIT: having checked, the source is Ocheltree himself. He is however, credited as "drum tech who assisted Bonham on the '77 US tour". Barney is pretty accurate, so who knows.

Edited by 76229

45 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

This is the gut feeling I've had ever since I saw that video. It's seem very specious. I've never seen a pic of Ocheltree on stage , at least that I can make out. You often see Mick Hinton. 

If Leif Mases still with us? He could verify if Jeff was involved in the recording of ITTOD. While someone like Dave Northover could confirm or deny re: the '77 tour. There ought to be a "people who worked with Zeppelin" Facebook page we could invite people to! Isn't there one for ex-Showco techs?

1 hour ago, 76229 said:

If Leif Mases still with us? He could verify if Jeff was involved in the recording of ITTOD. While someone like Dave Northover could confirm or deny re: the '77 tour. There ought to be a "people who worked with Zeppelin" Facebook page we could invite people to! Isn't there one for ex-Showco techs?

I remember seeing one here a while back. That would be good, I'm keen to hear from people who were there. Jason's statement is very discouraging , if it's truly his. The comment link goes to his page.