London or Birmingham band?

Ramoor

I'm going to ask this question: Are Led Zeppelin a London or Birmingham band? I've had a debate about this before, and although some information suggests they're a London band, a friend is convinced they formed and were based only in Birmingham. Does anyone know what the actual origin is? Surely as there label and management was in London, i'd have thought they were based in London and first jammed in a street in London's Chinatown. So, are they a London band or Birmingham band? Any help will put this to rest, thanks in advanced. 

For business purposes they were London based, given Peter Grant's office was on Oxford Street and later the Swan Song Records office was on the Kings Road in Chelsea.  However, two of them (Plant and Bonham) hailed from the Midlands and two of them (Page & Jones) hailed from the metropolitan London area. Two Northerners, two Southerners. So from a personal or cultural standpoint, they are neither a strictly Midlands based band nor a strictly London based band. 

A hybrid yes. But when you live in this country, London is the be all and end all. It's quite common for most students ( who aren't from the landed gentry who go to Oxbridge) tend to go to Uni in the north because it's cheap. After graduation they all fuck off back down south where the money is.