No People Just Guitars

For me, this is the most important guitar that has ever been. John Lennon's 1964 Rickenbacker from the Ed Sullivan Show.  When my father was young this was the guitar that caused him to pick up a guitar and as a kid I spent hours transfixed how it sounded like wind chimes which was so different from any other guitar.

John's Guitar.JPG

On 6/28/2019 at 11:50 AM, badgeholder said:

Clapton's psychedelic SG

claptonssg.thumb.jpg.cd0db53abfab1a1fdedd757477ff1603.jpg

Sweet, my favorite Clapton guitar. Too bad Mr. Clapton does not share in sentamentalities as I have heard in interviews, he seems rather aloof and casual regarding The Fool guitar and did not particularly care for it. Guess he prefers his Strat's.

9 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Tell him to send my way if he doesn't care for them!

I know. He's constantly on the lookout for the holy grail sound. That goes for his amps too. :)

On 6/30/2019 at 12:28 PM, redrum said:

Guitar made from ancient (50,000 years old) kauri wood from New Zealand.

KAURI GUITAR.jpg

KAURI LOG ON TRUCK.jpg

After 50,000 years of life and history, this poor tree gets to spend what's left as a display piece for some American or Russia oligarch. How well, better that than an exotic buttplug for the same oligarchs. Jamie Diamond...is that you???

Edited by PeaceFrogYum
2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

After 50,000 years of life and history, this poor tree gets to spend what's left as a display piece for some American or Russia oligarch. How well, better that than an exotic buttplug for the same oligarchs. Jamie Diamond...is that you???

Oh, brother.

17 hours ago, redrum said:

Oh, brother.

I was kidding, I heard that tree had been a serious asshole to the surrounding trees for well over 30,000 years so he pretty much deserved it. Right now some venture capitalist is likely tickling what were the trees balls. Oh the irony.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

That is a monster! Love it

She's a beauty. Still getting used to it after a long layoff of playing nylon strings.