Jimmy Page - The Anthology Book - by Genesis

The Rover

30 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

If they haven't already made arrangements to add those offstage '71 shots from Scotland...they should.

Would they be relevant for this book?  Isn't this Anthology book for his equipment and stage clothing and things like that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
d74355d0-0907-4e9b-859e-de1ec765f08c.jpg4f39e7c9-5160-498e-b89b-d5006c2939b1.jpg

'In this book, I wanted to include items from my personal archive that have played a part in my overall story, to give the detail behind the detail.' 
– Jimmy Page

The Anthology: Exclusive Preview

We are delighted to share some sneak preview pages from the upcoming publication, Jimmy Page: The Anthology. As you can see, it is on course to become a major publication for 2020, and a once-in-a-lifetime limited edition.

Jimmy Page's first book with Genesis, Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page, was a photographic memoir by one of the world’s most iconic guitar players. Jimmy Page: The Anthology delves deeper, documenting Page’s life through hundreds of items from his private archives, contextual photography spanning six decades, and Page's original written commentary. From iconic guitars and stage costumes to correspondence and diary entries, every piece is brought to life with new text by Page placing it within the story of his phenomenal career.

Scroll on to see some more pages from the book...

JimmyPageAnthology.com

316b0030-07e1-4110-ac14-432c0194f481.jpg

The Ultimate Edition

Since starting this project, Jimmy Page and Genesis's editors have added more content to the limited edition than might ever have been expected.

• The book's page count has been extended to 400 pages
  • Jimmy Page's manuscript has increased to more than 60,000+ words
  • The book will now feature nearly 1,000 images

This is Jimmy Page's most extensive account of his career to date – a fascinating insight into the life of one of the most important musicians of all time.

Pre-Order Now
7cf65f3d-fcf7-46d1-a550-8a620dce7f2f.jpg

Jimmy Page: The Anthology will ship during February and March 2020. However, don't let this stop you giving a copy to a loved one this Holiday Season. Pre-order before 5th December and Genesis will send a special greetings card for you to present in lieu of the book's arrival in the New Year.  

Featured on the front of the card is a photograph of Jimmy's Les Paul No.1 resting on the iconic The Song Remains the Same suit. The reverse has details about the book and the inside is left blank for your own message (so will work equally well for birthdays, anniversaries etc...).

Greetings cards will start shipping from 9th December.

Get the Gift
46b057ac-017d-40b0-8ec1-ba4fcfeea770.jpg

A Collector's Piece

Those who own Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page, will know that they are already in possession of one the world's most sought-after books and Jimmy Page: The Anthology looks set to become just as highly prized. Now available to pre-order, the edition of 2,500 copies is almost fully subscribed at the pre-publication price (eventual publication price: £495) and will inevitably, like the edition that preceded it, become an important collector's item.

Reserve Your Copy Now
70ecfb4a-4198-4dad-b584-615f33521ea8.jpg

'I was seduced by the beauty of what a six-string instrument could do, whether it was acoustic or electric, and I was never happy to stay in one style for too long. I always wanted to challenge myself.'
 – Jimmy Page

97addad6-ecb2-41df-90e7-a0df84b3b8e9.jpg

Following the sell-out success of Jimmy Page's first book, we are delighted to introduce Jimmy Page: The Anthology.

In his new signed limited edition, Jimmy Page's musical career is documented in his own words, illustrated with vintage photographs and items from Page's own archives presented for the first time.

• 400 pages
  • 1,000 images
  • 60,000+ words
  • Large Format: 280mm x 330 mm (11"x13")

Available to Pre-Order. Shipping from February 2020.

Pre-Order Now

Delivery Update

If you have already pre-ordered a copy of Jimmy Page: The Anthology, you will have received notification that the limited edition has been enhanced and expanded to 400 pages, and will ship during February and March, 2020. You may request your complimentary greetings card by submitting your details here

If you have any questions or require further information, please contact the team at Genesis.

© 2019
JimmyPage.com

• 4 months later...
59 minutes ago, jsj said:

Yep good one Reid’s. why is it priced in US dollars and not £ though? 

Thanks. This is from an American based business  (Barnes & Noble Bookstore).
I found it earlier while searching new releases. It’s on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Jimmy-Page-Anthology/dp/1905662610/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=jimmy+page+anthology+book&qid=1586295520&sprefix=jommy+page+anthology&sr=8-1

and other sites soon (if not already).

R😎

Edited by reids

18 minutes ago, reids said:

Yes, indeed. A lot better than paying 10 times more just for an autograph w/ a different book cover.

R😎

True, but don't forget, that's not any autograph, that's The Man you've been a fan of all your life !

Just for the curious out there, the books are ready for shipment, the printer being in Italy, Genesis is waiting a bit (I'd say end of May/June) to ship the books.

Boy, and I thought that was going to be my christmas gift haha

Edited by Klape

6 hours ago, Klape said:

True, but don't forget, that's not any autograph, that's The Man you've been a fan of all your life !

Just for the curious out there, the books are ready for shipment, the printer being in Italy, Genesis is waiting a bit (I'd say end of May/June) to ship the books.

Boy, and I thought that was going to be my christmas gift haha

Sure. If I had an Extra $500, I’d love to pick it (signed special / limited edition) up. Now, what would be a great Christmas gift is if The Man himself would give away one signed special  edition book at random to a Led Zeppelin dot com forum member (via a drawing). That would bring a lot of people here to Celebrate his life work together and give one happy winner a special prize.  

R😎🎸👍

Edited by reids

34 minutes ago, reids said:

Sure. If I had an Extra $500, I’d love to pick it (signed special / limited edition) up. Now, what would be a great Christmas gift is if The Man himself would give away one signed special  edition book at random to a Led Zeppelin dot com forum member (via a drawing). That would bring a lot of people here to Celebrate his life work together and give one happy winner a special prize.  R😎🎸👍

Such a gesture will never happen here. However, when similar offerings are made elsewhere by other artists a disclaimer usually stipulates membership must have been established by a specific date in the past. This prevents a flood of "new members" who merely intend to sell the prize offering afterward.

17 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Such a gesture will never happen here. However, when similar offerings are made elsewhere by other artists a disclaimer usually stipulates membership must have been established by a specific date in the past. This prevents a flood of "new members" who merely intend to sell the prize offering afterward.

Thx, Steve. That makes sense. Yes.

If they ever had it stipulated / legally that members would have to register & have their accounts established by JP’s birthdate (January 2020) to be eligible or something, that would be fair & have a disclaimer stating prize is not for resale (prosecution for any violation, etc). I’m sure you’re right; it was only a thought. 

R😎

Edited by reids

5 hours ago, reids said:

have a disclaimer stating prize is not for resale (prosecution for any violation, etc).

Not to be pedantic but while the rules of etiquette may dictate that it not be offered for resale, there is no such requirement under the law. It's a prize offering, not a conditional gift (like an engagement ring), and thus it is at sole discretion of the prize winner to ever offer it for sale or not.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Not to be pedantic but while the rules of etiquette may dictate that it not be offered for resale, there is no such requirement under the law. It's a prize offering, not a conditional gift (like an engagement ring), and thus it is at sole discretion of the prize winner to ever offer it for sale or not.

Gotcha. No problem. Thx, Steve.

R😎

5 hours ago, delcolicks9 said:

Do you think this book will be released as a standard edition later on just like the first one by genesis?

Sure, the regular edition will be released on september 8th and I believe the price will be around £40 on Amazon.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jimmy-Page-Anthology/dp/1905662610/ref=sr_1_1?crid=YEL3SQLD7LFK&dchild=1&keywords=jimmy+page+anthology&qid=1586672463&s=books&sprefix=jimmy+page+%2Caps%2C147&sr=1-1

By the way, anyone on the forum , lucky enough to receive her/ his ltd.ed. yet? 

Edited by duckman