"Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" Anyone else looking forward to this film?

kipper

10 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Some good tidbits. They missed the Paul Revere & the Raiders connection, though. Terry Melcher (Doris Day's son) produced Paul Revere & the Raiders. The album that Sharon Tate plays in the movie, "The Spirit of '67" with the songs "Good Thing" and "Hungry", which is what is playing when Charlie Manson comes to the house on Cielo Drive looking for Terry Melcher.

Terry and Mark Lindsay (lead vocalist of Paul Revere & the Raiders) lived together in that house in the late-'60s. The song "Good Thing" was written by Mark and Terry in the very room where Sharon Tate, Jay Sebring et al would later be slaughtered.

When Terry and his girlfriend Candice Bergen decided to live together, Mark and Terry left the Cielo Drive house and that is when Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate moved in.

Other people that were invited to hang out with Sharon Tate and friends that night of August 8, 1969 but did not make it for one reason or another were Quincy Jones and John Phillips.

On 8/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, Strider said:

Clu is a New Beverly regular...always sits in the front row. I bet he didn't even have to wait for a phone call. QT probably told him in person. Clu also shows up at the American Cinematheque and Noir City and TCM Film Festival screenings around town...always front and center. Eddie Muller acknowledges Clu at the Noir City screenings.

Actually had the good fortune to sit next to Clu at a screening of "The Killers" that he and Lee Marvin starred in 1964.

Did you catch the Maltese Falcon statue that Margot Robbie fondles in the bookshop?

Always see him a lot on the old TV reruns. What a film history he has. I did catch the Maltese Falcon. Also loved the sexy poster of Anne Francis. :notworthy:

2 hours ago, badgeholder said:

I saw it last night. Liked it. But check this out:

This morning, at work, I see I have an appointment in Beverly Hills. Guess where? Yep. I couldn't believe it!  Ha!

WP_20190808_11_44_24_Pro.jpg

Whoa...trippy.

20190805_223042.thumb.jpg.637c6cb1231866901cbdda0836ee17ae.jpg

8 hours ago, badgeholder said:

I saw it last night. Liked it. But check this out:

This morning, at work, I see I have an appointment in Beverly Hills. Guess where? Yep. I couldn't believe it!  Ha!

WP_20190808_11_44_24_Pro.jpg

Watch out for those old hippies driving Priuses too fast down Benedict canyon. They aren't high, but they are texting while driving.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:10 AM, Strider said:

Quentin Tarantino first saw Julia Butters on a tv show called "American Housewife" and got the idea to cast her.

Thankfully, no use of the word "nigger". After his last two movies it needed a rest.

What will Spike Lee have to whine about now?  LOL

16 hours ago, Walter said:

^ Nice!! Yours?

Nope. They are property of the New Beverly Cinema...which Quentin Tarantino owns and programs.

I took a friend who hadn't seen it yet and since she lives on the Westside I thought it would be fun to see it at the Bruin Westwood, which is where Quentin filmed the Margot Robbie scene. For a truly meta experience, I had my friend sit in the same seat that Margot sat in.

20190809_170816.thumb.jpg.8de79fcf2b996c5b2cb1b65079a0c113.jpg20190809_214452.thumb.jpg.ad41fd1a7efde3df8cc385c1b684781d.jpg

58 minutes ago, Strider said:

Nope. They are property of the New Beverly Cinema...which Quentin Tarantino owns and programs.

I took a friend who hadn't seen it yet and since she lives on the Westside I thought it would be fun to see it at the Bruin Westwood, which is where Quentin filmed the Margot Robbie scene. For a truly meta experience, I had my friend sit in the same seat that Margot sat in.

20190809_170816.thumb.jpg.8de79fcf2b996c5b2cb1b65079a0c113.jpg20190809_214452.thumb.jpg.ad41fd1a7efde3df8cc385c1b684781d.jpg

Great scene! That would be so surreal to sit in a theatre and observe how a movie you starred in was received by the audience. 

Did your friend take off her shoes too? 

Why were her feet so dirty in that scene? 

26 minutes ago, Walter said:

Great scene! That would be so surreal to sit in a theatre and observe how a movie you starred in was received by the audience. 

Did your friend take off her shoes too? 

Why were her feet so dirty in that scene? 

No...my friend kept her shoes on. Besides, there was a couple sitting directly in front of us so she couldn't put her feet up even if she wanted to do so. FYI...the Margot seat is Row M seat #106.

7 minutes ago, redrum said:

:lol:

Sharon Tate loved walking barefoot so Margot was totally in character.

11 hours ago, Strider said:

No...my friend kept her shoes on. Besides, there was a couple sitting directly in front of us so she couldn't put her feet up even if she wanted to do so. FYI...the Margot seat is Row M seat #106.

Sharon Tate loved walking barefoot so Margot was totally in character.

I knew there had to be something. I also saw where they took out the overhead security camera.

30 minutes ago, kipper said:

I went the other day and saw the film for a second time. Enjoyed it even more than the first time.

Lots of little details I missed the first time.

That's what I'd like to do.

Great pics. :)

18 hours ago, Strider said:

For a truly meta experience, I had my friend sit in the same seat that Margot sat in.

While I've got a face, Margot Robbie will always have a seat...
Ah, come on, someone was always gonna crack wise with that one. Oops, I said 'crack'...