Jump to content

Would you see an acoustic only Led Zeppelin concert?


Recommended Posts

IMHO it's what they should have done in the first place. It seems stupid to me to leave out a living member of the band while claiming you can't play without a deceased one and then go on and play anyway. Calling it Unledded seemed gimmicky and totally steps on Jones as a musician because we all know he played way more than the bass.  I can only imagine the cool music they could have written, I mean think about using Jones talent purely as a guitar player and arranger. The music would have been better, they would have made even more money by including Jones and it wouldn't have been a slap in the face of Jones and all Zeppelin fans who still see him as a living viable member of the band and revere him as more than just a Bass player.  Who knows where it could have gone from there?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2019 at 10:43 AM, hummingbird69 said:

IMHO it's what they should have done in the first place. It seems stupid to me to leave out a living member of the band while claiming you can't play without a deceased one and then go on and play anyway. Calling it Unledded seemed gimmicky and totally steps on Jones as a musician because we all know he played way more than the bass.  I can only imagine the cool music they could have written, I mean think about using Jones talent purely as a guitar player and arranger. The music would have been better, they would have made even more money by including Jones and it wouldn't have been a slap in the face of Jones and all Zeppelin fans who still see him as a living viable member of the band and revere him as more than just a Bass player.  Who knows where it could have gone from there?  

Just look at the great and creative material Jones came up with for his two solo albums which came out right around the same time Page and Plant were touring and recorded walking into clarksdale. If they all collaborated it would've been quite a good album whereas Clarksdale is just okay. It's not like Jonesy was trying to recreate Zeppelin (which Robert is against), he totally expanded on it while the essence and spirit of his influence upon Zeppelin is still felt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, nemophilist said:

Just look at the great and creative material Jones came up with for his two solo albums which came out right around the same time Page and Plant were touring and recorded walking into clarksdale. If they all collaborated it would've been quite a good album whereas Clarksdale is just okay. It's not like Jonesy was trying to recreate Zeppelin (which Robert is against), he totally expanded on it while the essence and spirit of his influence upon Zeppelin is still felt.

You don't have to tell me, I'm sold. They should have included Jones period. It would have been so much better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with the above, that john paul jones should have been included with the "unledded" period of post zep music. He would have brought some thunder to those records. But i guess thats something robert plant wanted to avoid...the power of zeppelin, yet he knew michael lee was important. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kirchzep27 said:

I agree with the above, that john paul jones should have been included with the "unledded" period of post zep music. He would have brought some thunder to those records. But i guess thats something robert plant wanted to avoid...the power of zeppelin, yet he knew michael lee was important. 

It was a challenge as his son in law (Charlie Jones) was working on a few things with Michael Lee (including RP’s solo band), still I agree, they should have included JPJ. 

R😎  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kirchzep27 said:

Still interesting to think that john paul jones could have replaced charlie jones, ed shearmur, porl thomson, nigel eaton and the banjo player. 

Exactly 

R😎

654E3A5B-27C3-41E2-9BEC-EA9307B6714C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 7/24/2019 at 8:06 PM, kirchzep27 said:

Still interesting to think that john paul jones could have replaced charlie jones, ed shearmur, porl thomson, nigel eaton and the banjo player. 

Michael Lee*

Thats a great comment! 

& a great complement to.JPJ who surly would have lifted WTC to the level we all wish it was. Its not bad by any means

*Michael Lee OMG what an amazing drummer he was.  I cant get over what a monster he was, i couldnt take my eyes off him. Now thats sayin sompin since Pagey & Percy ALSO on same stage. Now thats a drummer tjat was fun to watch!!!

Their should be a LZ.com forum topic on just HIM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...