U2 Fan Forum - $50 USD to Join!??

I was in the sweet spot to be a U2 fan in the 1980's. I graduated HS in 1986 and first saw them in 1985 at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago. I rarely go to other fan forum sites other than this one and went to U2.com for information on their live LP Under a Blood Red Sky. I'm looking for the version of the LP that contains Bono's "Send in the clowns" snippet during the Electric Co. 

I was about to join the U2 forum to ask this question, but was floored when I clicked on the link to join and the minimum fee is $50 USD! WTF is that? Maybe I missed it, but I did not see any other options to join their forum. 

If anyone has the answer (matrix number) to the question above I'd appreciate it. TY!

U2.PNG

Now, if they start selling coffins like KISS, then i’d Worry, but it’s sad to see bands / artists ripping off their loyal fans just to sell some merch or get a pre-sale code that most likely won’t help anyway, as scalpers get advance tickets before credit card subscribers. I’m sure there is another online u2 forum where you can ask. Maybe Facebook , Instagram or twitter ?  

R😎

Edited by reids

A mistake on the part of U2 as well as Sondheim's legal advisors. U2 should simply have gotten an agreement to include it prior to release, and Sondheim's team should have understood this is a golden opportunity to introduce his music a whole new demographic.

7 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Thank You!

You’re welcome 😊👍

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

A mistake on the part of U2 as well as Sondheim's legal advisors. U2 should simply have gotten an agreement to include it prior to release, and Sondheim's team should have understood this is a golden opportunity to introduce his music a whole new demographic.

Exactly. 😎👍

R😎

U2 & Sondheim, two entities extremely close in financial outlook yet completely blind to the bigger historical picture.

Bono is such a joke that he has become a caricature.

Not to say these are not immensely talented musicians, they are, however their ego's far exceeded their respective talent decades ago.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum