Favorite Unsolved Mysteries and your opinions

LedZeppfan1977

Well, I guess I will make a small list, and a quick take next to each

DB Cooper    He would likely be close to 90 now, and I wonder if it will ever be solved?  Its a fun one to follow.  If only they had a GPS tracker in that money bag

The Secret   A book with clues and pics to precious gemstones, and the author is now deceased.  Most of the treasures are still unfound and are out there.  The one in St Augustine Florida should be found soon as they know within a pretty small area where to dig.  I may pursue this myself someday

The Treasure box left in the Rockies by Forrest Fenn         not found and really out there.  He is still alive as far as I know.  A poem he wrote gives clues

The JFK assassination.  One of the worst days in our history.  A great man gunned down.  I have studied this, the Holy Grail of crimes along with Jack the Ripper I suppose, and I totally agree with Colin McClaren and the late Howard Donahue that a CIA agent riding in the trailing car, named George Hickey, accidentally fired the fatal shot from an AR15, killing JFK.  The CIA moved Heaven and Earth to cover it up starting immediately at Parkland Hospital.  The Warren Commission let the American people down big time.  

The RFK assassination.  Did Sirhan Sirhan act alone? I doubt it.  They have not put the recourses into this one as much as JFK but there is evidence of a second shooter.  

Jon Bonet Ramsey         I still believe the sibling did it.  But this one is crazy

Jack the Ripper          The Holy Grail of British crime.  I believe that the Swedish journalist may have solved this one and there is very strong evidence that Charles Allen Lechmere was the killer.  They even have an old photo of him. Looks like a monster.  He worked at the meat dept at the wee hours and went to work about 4 am.  He was at the scene of every crime. He evaded capture early on, he blended in well with the area and had good reason to be there.  He had some type of falling out with mommy  and it seems had a hatred of women.

If anyone had more to add, be my guest

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Jon Bonet Ramsey         I still believe the sibling did it.  But this one is crazy

I believe the mother accidentally killed the girl after punishing her too severely after wetting the bed. The timeline and the other forensic evidence at the scene (that which wasn't botched by the local keystone cops) all points to it being someone in the home. My gut tells me that the kooky mother living vicariously through her daughter with that bizarre beauty pageant stuff was too emotionally wound up and something went wrong.  Then having BOTH parents immediately lawyer up with their own separate council.... that just doesn't seem how innocent people behave after the death of a child.

I think the mother did it accidentally; and the ransom/kidnapping note had her quirky rambling style all over it.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

I believe the mother accidentally killed the girl after punishing her too severely after wetting the bed. The timeline and the other forensic evidence at the scene (that which wasn't botched by the local keystone cops) all points to it being someone in the home. My gut tells me that the kooky mother living vicariously through her daughter with that bizarre beauty pageant stuff was too emotionally wound up and something went wrong.  Then having BOTH parents immediately lawyer up with their own separate council.... that just doesn't seem how innocent people behave after the death of a child.

I think the mother did it accidentally; and the ransom/kidnapping note had her quirky rambling style all over it.

BINGO!

This is most likely a fraud - given that pesky little thing called the laws of physics, but it is not yet neatly solved.

Orffyreus's Wheel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Bessler

He left behind really interesting sketches that he himself said holds the key to his breakthrough invention. Problem is, with modern computational power at hand, if his invention was legit, surely a bit of well written software could crack the design code. All the inputs are there - AI should be able to recreate it.

The other mystery is the few legitimate UFO episodes witnessed by multiple credible witnesses (pilots, defence personnell etc.) along with radar that is beyond our technological capabilities - so a genuine - WTF is that?!?!? mystery. Secret tech? Something unknown?? Example...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_Washington,_D.C._UFO_incident

15 hours ago, kipper said:

The jealous sibling is my theory

12 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

I've always been fascinated about freelance photojournalist  Sean Flynn. Son of Errol Flynn. Sean and a buddy disappeared in Cambodia on 6 April 1970. Their bodies were never found. 

I never knew this.   Errol Flynn was quite the actor.  Its no surprise that during the Vietnam era that this would happen.  Who the hell would want to go there?  Not me