What other bands are we all into?

Nechtology

It would take me too long to list everything I have. There's nothing I have I don't like, and I'm into all of them....thousands of cd's. Rock, Jazz, Blues, Progressive, all manner of stuff.

My favorites change daily. I even occasionally listen to my Guitar Rock series from Time.....ya know, that top 40 'classic' rock stuff from the mid to late 70s. But NO BOSTON, STYX or REO ! :lol:

It would take me hours to list all the music I dig. B)

Same here. I would literally be up all night here listing everything I love.

My guilty listening pleasure is the "girl groups" of the 1960's - Shirelles, Chiffons, Shangri-Las, Dixie Cups, etc.

here's what I put on facebook:

Led Zeppelin.

mid sixties garage.

actually garage or basement rock of all breeds.

most stuff I can dance to.

jazz. the kind on the weather channel does not count.

"merry muthafuckin' xmas" and other gems of early 90s hip hop.

stuff a lot of people haven't heard of.

music with slide guitar.

music with a ton of blues influence.

generally anything from the sixties.

old country. new country that sounds like old country. loretta, johnny, merle, hank... yknow.

fuzzed-out guitars and pounding drums. harmonica and medicine bottle slide. hammond organ. and that chicka-chicka-chicka thing the 13th Floor Elevators use.

stuff played and sung by an 80-year-old black man who is without a doubt cooler than the entire population of rock n' rollers.

pretty much anything out of Cincinnati.

seriously, just look at last.fm for an idea. I'm pretty eclectic. and I'm a vinyl snob.

I have to admit that when Feeling That Way/Anytime comes on, I turn it up.

Thats some nice guitar work on Anytime.

Doesn`t Journey have another song called Anytime?

When I say I like Feeling That Way/Anytime, people spout out "anytime time you want me any time you need me".

Thats not the song I mean. Is it just me?

I'm confused, do you like Feeling That Way or Anytime? They blend together, so they're played together on the radio. I prefer Feeling That Way.

Anyways, these are my favorite bands/artists (not counting Zeppelin):

Free

The Black Keys

Alter Bridge

Mariah Carey

Gavin DeGraw

Lynch Mob

Heh, reading this topic made me realize that my "List" is far from complete. Thank you guys for reminding me that I like Mozart, Beethoven..well actually most classical music, Jazz, blues, Funk, Soul and world music. I'm suprised to see that only one person mentioned world music, I recommend everyone to listen to it, because it's so different from everything we hear most of the time. Really exciting stuff. Cheers

I have some artists in my list also

David Bowie

The Doors

The Who

Neil Young/Buffalo Springfield/CSNY

Cream/Blind Faith/Clapton

Pink Floyd

Jefferson Airplane

Love

Prince

Jimi Hendrix

The Beatles

Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne

The Rolling Stones

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Steely Dan

Yes

Alice Cooper...

Listen to Opeth!!! They are incredible. The only thing that tends to put people off is the fact they use "Growling" vocals at times. But once you get used to this there is an incredible world of musical discovery there, and when Mikael Akerfeldt (vocals) sings cleanly, he has one of the most beautiful voices in music. I would recommend the album "Ghost Reveries", as I would put this album up there with the classic albums - simply awesome. The musical landscape shifts from full on death metal, into beautiful acoustic passages (with clean vocals) into eastern tinged sounds. I cannot recommend this highly enough! As far as rap goes, I'm really into "old school" rap/hip hop such as Public Enemy, Eric b And Rakim, Ice Cube, Beastie Boys, NWA (I hate modern day rap). I'm suprised more Zep fans don't listen to some of this stuff, and some on Bonham's drumming has a real hip hop groove to it (oh, I'm a drummer by the way!!)

But, that's just it....I do not 'get used to' growling vocals. Never have. Never intend to.

Not matter what the music that accompanies them.

A line, that I do not cross.

Want to get it right.... lose the growling vocals. It's a gimmick I will never appreciate!

The White Stripes, The Greenhornes, Soledad Brothers, Blanche, Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, Brendan Benson, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, The Flaming Lips, 13th Floor Elevators, Heartless Bastards, Screaming Lord Sutch, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Willowz, The Pixies, The Black Keys, The Black Angels, The Kinks, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Joni Mitchell, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, the Jimi Hendrix Experience (it deserves its own listing, because Mitch and Noel get no love.), the Yardbirds, The Monkees, The Beatles, Robert Johnson, Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation, Son House, Pearlene, Devendra Banhart, The High and Low, The Stooges, MC5, The Dirtbombs, Rilo Kiley, The Kills, Bob Dylan, Gun Club, Howlin' Wolf, Velvet Underground, T. Rex, David Bowie, Canned Heat, the Sonics, Beck, the Who, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jefferson Airplane, Nirvana, The Griefs, Thee Shams, the Buffalo Killers, Dinosaur Jr., Jeff Buckley, Amy Winehouse, Cat Power, Beat Happening, Doyle Bramhall II, Reverend Horton Heat, Hank Williams & Hank III, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Hard Lessons, etc.

....yup.

Mine are,

Tool

Muse

Rush

Cream

Jimi Hendrix

Black Sabbath

Aerosmith

Cheap Trick

U2

Bruce Springsteen

Faith No More

Nirvana

Soundgarden

Porcupine Tree

Dream Theatre

The White Stripes

Foo Fighters

Sarah McLachlan

Thea Gilmore

The Grateful Dead

The Outsiders

The Pretty Things

ELP

Nirvana

Widespread Panic

Alice In Chains

The Bevis Frond

Stooges

Dropkick Murphys

10 Years After

13th Floor Elevators

Bill Monroe

Ralph Stanley

Tim Eriksen

Lightening Charlie

Steve Earle

Big Mama Thornton

Elmore James

Leadbelly

Koko Taylor

Berlioz

Vivaldi

Bach

Beethoven

(I'll stop there, or I'll be here all night)

- Any type of rock from the '60s...British Invasion, psychedelic, mod, garage, etc.

- "Good" stuff from the '70s...Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Black Sabbath. So I guess mostly early '70s, and not the prog stuff from later on

- Britpop, with Pulp, Blur, and The Stone Roses being my favorites. And Kasabian, if you'd consider them "second wave" or something.

- Punk rock. I was really into it in high school, but after that I guess I got tired of it. The only bands I still listen to on a regular basis are The Clash and The Vandals.

- Classical. I don't know all that much about it, but I do really like what I've heard from Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Stravinsky, Smetana, and Berlioz

- The new blues-influenced "classic rock" bands like The Black Keys and my local favorites, Dirty Sweet. Unfortunately, good ones are hard to come by (see Jet for example)

-Miscellaneous modern rock bands like Radiohead, Muse, Sublime, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Tool, etc.

-Oh, and I like this whole indie folk thing, like Bright Eyes and Devendra Banhart. Don't know very much about it, though.

Neil Young

Bob Dylan

The Rolling Stones

Cream (And All Of Eric Clapton's Stuff)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

CSNY

The Who

Tom Petty

The Beatles (And All Member's Solo Stuff)

ELO

Ten Years After

Boston

Jethro Tull

Jefferson Airplane

CCR

Kinks

Elvis

Grateful Dead

Johnny Cash

John Mellencamp

John Lee Hooker

Bruce Springsteen

Jimi Hendrix

Jeff Beck

Jackson Brown

The White Stripes

Buffalo Killers

Heart

GNR

George Thorogood

Foreigner

Foghat

Fleetwood Mac

Robert Johnson

Blind Lemon Jefferson

Pink Floyd

Bert Jansch (Nottamun Town = AWESOME)

Elton John

The Eagles

The Doors

Deep Purple

David Bowie

Chuck Berry

Chicago

Ravi Shankar

The Cars

The Byrds

Kiss

Humble Pie

Buddy Holly

Bob Seger

Bob Marley

Blue Oyster Cult

Black Crowes

Billy Preston

Billy Squier

Bad Company

Badfinger

AC/DC

BTO

BB King

The Animals

Bo Diddley

The Allman Brothers

Alice Cooper

Aerosmith

Marvin Gaye

Lovin Spoonful

Les Paul

Richie Valens

Van Halen

Dire Straits

Meat Loaf

Monkees

Beach Boys

Mott The Hoople

Muddy Waters

The Band

Nirvana

Black Sabbath

Simon & Garfunkel

Peter Frampton

The Police

Queen

SRV

Stevie Wonder

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Ray Charles

Mahavishnu Orchestra

REO Speedwagon

Ricky Nelson

Rod Stewart

Rush

Roy Orbison

The Spinners

Santana

Steve Miller

Steely Dan

Thin Lizzy

Ted Nugent

Todd Rundgren

Mudcrutch

Traveling Wilburys

U2

Van Morrison

Them

Willie Nelson

The Yardbirds

ZZ Top

There are a few others I can't remember.

THAT took forever. I typed that whole thing out.

The White Stripes, The Greenhornes, Soledad Brothers, Blanche, Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, Brendan Benson, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, The Flaming Lips, 13th Floor Elevators, Heartless Bastards, Screaming Lord Sutch, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Willowz, The Pixies, The Black Keys, The Black Angels, The Kinks, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Joni Mitchell, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, the Jimi Hendrix Experience (it deserves its own listing, because Mitch and Noel get no love.), the Yardbirds, The Monkees, The Beatles, Robert Johnson, Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation, Son House, Pearlene, Devendra Banhart, The High and Low, The Stooges, MC5, The Dirtbombs, Rilo Kiley, The Kills, Bob Dylan, Gun Club, Howlin' Wolf, Velvet Underground, T. Rex, David Bowie, Canned Heat, the Sonics, Beck, the Who, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jefferson Airplane, Nirvana, The Griefs, Thee Shams, the Buffalo Killers, Dinosaur Jr., Jeff Buckley, Amy Winehouse, Cat Power, Beat Happening, Doyle Bramhall II, Reverend Horton Heat, Hank Williams & Hank III, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Hard Lessons, etc.

....yup.

I saw the Buffalo Killers open for the Black Crowes. They were awesome.

I saw the Buffalo Killers open for the Black Crowes. They were awesome.

Aw. I love them! I happened to see them in Covington, KY back in March, in this little dive of a bar. It's crazy to think that they played stadiums with the Black Crowes after that. But if anyone deserves it, it's them. :)

Have you listened to their former incarnation, Thee Shams? They're great, too... more sixties-oriented, though.

Must say that you are way ahead of your time. You are only 18, and honest enough to put real info in your profile unlike so many of the chickens on this website. Your taste is fabulous in my opinion. the list has alll of the important bands (Zepp not included I imagine only because of the forum) and you have even excluded the overated Queen. It is shocking to me to see all the Queen stuff here on this site. I never had them very high on my list. Nothing against them but I would put them next to Styx and Aerosmith and so forth.

Thanks! Well, I've never been a huge fan of Queen.. They're "alright" but not my cup of tea.

:hippy:

Aw. I love them! I happened to see them in Covington, KY back in March, in this little dive of a bar. It's crazy to think that they played stadiums with the Black Crowes after that. But if anyone deserves it, it's them. :)

Have you listened to their former incarnation, Thee Shams? They're great, too... more sixties-oriented, though.

No, I should listen to them. I love sixties thanks. :) :)

----------------

Now playing: Robert Plant - Big Log

via FoxyTunes

Archived