What other bands are we all into?

Nechtology

Def Leppard, The Beatles, Bad Company, Free, The Firm, Bon Jovi, Kiss, Oasis, Blur, Mago de Oz, Saratoga, Warcry, The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Dragon Force, The Who, Van Halen, Wolfmother, AC/DC, Janis Joplin, Scorpions, Queen, Nirvana, Radiohead...

Here's my favorite bands

Bands: Led Zeppelin of course, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Beatles, The Doors, Eagles, Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Police, Alice Cooper, Credence Clearwater, Littlefeet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers Band, Guns N' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Def Leppard, Bad Company, Genesis, Charlie Daniels Band, Soul Asylum, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Boston, The Band, Black Sabbath, Chicago, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Styx, The Judds, CSNY or any other form of them, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Alice in Chains, Rush, Yes, Van Halen, Jackson 5, and the Temptations

Solo Musicians-Hank Williams, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan Robert Johnson, Patsy Kline, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles, Willie Nelson, Waylan Jennings, Keith Whitley, Merle Haggard, Les Paul, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Elton John, Elvis, Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, The Boss, Janis Joplin, Eric Clapton, BB King, Billie Holiday, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Peter Gabriel, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, Dwight Yoakum, John Denver, David Allen Coe, Clint Black, Reba McIntyre, Vince Gill, Alison Krauss, Kenny Rogers, Don McLean, Ted Nugent, Rod Stewart, Joe Walsh, Ozzy Osborne, Meatloaf, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young, Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart

There's more but that's enough.

My all time faves in no particular order. (ie the ones i still play the most.)

Hendrix

Zeppelin

Stones

Who

Dylan

Young

Clapton

Faces

Jeff Beck

Floyd

Rory G

Zappa.....and a couple of more recent ones.....

Black Crowes

Pearl Jam

- The Beatles

- Queen

- The White Stripes

- Alice in Chains

- The Raconteurs

- Stone Temple Pilots

- The Who

- Beck

- Incubus

- The Red Hot Chili Peppers

- Rush

- Jeff Buckley

- King Crimson

- Collective Soul

- Cream

-

... uh ... there are at least a thousand more. :unsure:

I'm on memory lane this time and I digged out Great White who accompanied me a very long time. Afterglow is still one of my favourite titles when I'm in a sentimental mood.

Another just amazing band are The Hothouseflowers from Ireland. Simply listening to "If you go" or "The Ballade Of Katie" switches me to Eire and I can feel the gentle touch of an Irish breeze on my face, the smell of salty air on my tongue and I literally hear the soft bleating of the lambs remembering me of times long ago....

Another just amazing band are The Hothouseflowers from Ireland. Simply listening to "If you go" or "The Ballade Of Katie" switches me to Eire and I can feel the gentle touch of an Irish breeze on my face, the smell of salty air on my tongue and I literally hear the soft bleating of the lambs remembering me of times long ago....

I only have this one, a record I haven't revisited in far too long.

people.jpg

Every single song of this CD is simply awesome, Jahfin!

I'm also fond of "Home", "Songs from the rain" and "Born" - but I'm a true fan and I do love all their work anyway. Just get familiar with "People" and maybe they will get you like they got me a long time ago!

BALLAD OF KATIE

Big man moves into town on a black horse

I wonder why

He kicks the dust off his black boots

He wipes his eyes

And all the men in all the town

All the people all around stand watching

There wondering here wondering now

wondering who wondering how

wondering why

He's a lone traveller he's been travelling 'round

He's seen death valleys

He's seen young men drown

He seeks a young lady take her home lay her down

He seeks a young lady take her home lay her down

Katie lives in the small town, she lives outside

She catches sight of the big man on the black horse

She likes his eyes

Of all the men in all the world she's ever seen or

Ever heard she's seen more like him...

She feels his eyes think they hurt

Feels the pain thinks its worse she's wondering...why

Billy lives in the small town and he loves Katie

Oh he loves her life

He'd go over and kill the big man

Staring at Katie

But he don't fight

No

He says oh hold on brother

Fore you go any further

Who's eyes do you have on

She's mine brother I could be her man

Get your black horse brother

Get you right out of this town

Get your black horse brother

Get you right out of this town

Big man leaves town on the black horse

He says goodbye

Well i love Led Zep and heres a few more

Kenny Wayne Sheppard picture is from Baton Rouge 98

Greg Allman/Allman Brothers picture New Orleans 2007

Bad Company picture Baton Rouge 1977

KENNYWAYNESHEPARDHOBNewOrleans.jpg

Picture134.jpg

BADCOMPANYBatonRougeLA77.jpg

:rolleyes: I have pics of tht Bad Company tour too! Thaey were wearing the same hats here in SLC. :lol:

I just copied and pasted this list from my myspace account. Too lazy to type it all up again. :blush:

Led Zeppelin, Pulp and Jarvis Cocker, David Bowie, Prince (back in the day before he lost his damn mind and started suing the planet and everyone on it. What an assclown.), Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Bad Brains, The Descendents, T. Rex, Thin Lizzy, Nikka Costa, The Meters, Chuck Berry, Cream (I got to see them at their Royal Albert Hall reunion show in 2005!), Todd Rundgren, Heart, Jeff Buckley, Stevie Wonder, The Doors, The Yardbirds, Eric Burdon & War, Mott the Hoople, The Dandy Warhols, Van Halen, The Steve Miller Band, Sweet, Beck, The Cars, Steely Dan, The Specials, The Beat, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jane's Addiction, Otis Redding, Minnie Riperton, Gary Numan, The Ronettes, The Circle Jerks, The Animals, Bad Company, Radiohead, 10cc, Funkadelic, Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, Sly and the Family Stone, Aretha Franklin, The Rolling Stones, Wings, Bill Withers, Al Green, Deep Purple, The Velvet Underground, Me'Shell Ndegeocello, Air, The Beatles, Fishbone, John Lee Hooker, Goldfrapp, Depeche Mode, James Brown, The Cure, Desmond Dekker, The Smiths, Morrissey, B.B. King, Queen, Toots and the Maytals, Weezer, ACDC, The Black Crowes, The Faces, Frank Sinatra, Metallica (early), Slade, The Allman Brothers Band, Blur, The Selecter, Muddy Waters, Pink Floyd, Peter Frampton, The Nazz and many more I suppose....

Every single song of this CD is simply awesome, Jahfin!

I had free tix to see them on a bill with Soul Asylum and Midnight Oil back in the 90s but was running late so I only got there in time to see Midnight Oil. Still a great show but I hate I missed the openers. I think one of the first times I ever saw Hothouse Flowers they put in a guest appearance in the video for the Indigo Girls' Closer To Fine.

Indigo Girls "Closer To Fine"

Cool it was a great show opened with Burning Sky .Saw them in Baton Rouge and Houston the Outlaws opened

I saw the Outlaws a number of times back in the 70s but the funny thing was, they always closed the show even though there were more well known bands on the bill (Foghat, Van Halen). I always figured it was because no one could (or wanted) to follow Green Grass and High Tides.

.... I think one of the first times I ever saw Hothouse Flowers they put in a guest appearance in the video for the Indigo Girls' Closer To Fine.

Thanx for the video link! I didn't know it and I also enjoyed the Indigo Girls. Only a short sequenze - but that they were, no doubt. Try the following link, "Don't Go" a song which was released for the first time in 1987 with another cover as we know it now. In May, 1988, the song was re-issued with the more familiar cover which was in line with the original artwork of the 'People' album picturing different people of Ireland. The song was played during the intermission of Europe's music competition 'The Eurovision Song Contest' in 1987. A video of the band, filmed in different locations around Europe, was broadcast to millions across the continent.

This was the first music video I ever saw in my life and I was deeply impressed!

Liam Ó Maonlaí: That song was written about a friend of mine who was in a motor bike accident. And he was in a coma for about a year and one day I was inspired to write this song for him because it was one of those beautiful days and the sky was so blue and so I thought to myself, "Please don't go." It was my personal plea to him because I realised how precious life was and how beautiful it could be. I didn't want him to die. (Speaking to Beat magazine in 1989).

Don't Go and I'm Sorry were the tunes that prompted me to buy People. This was due not only to local radio airplay but seeing their videos on VH1 and MTV back when they both actually featured musical programming.

I also lost a dear friend due to an ATV accident back in the mid-90s. Lots of songs remind me of him but perhaps none more so than this one by Pearl Jam:

Know a man, his face seems pulled and tense

Like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

So I approach with tact, suggest that he should relax

But he's always moving much too fast

Said he'll see me on the flipside

On this trip he's taken for a ride

Hes been taking too much on ...

There he goes with his perfectly unkept clothes

There he goes...

He's yet to come back, but I see his picture

Doesn't look the same up on the rack

We go way back

I wonder about his insides

It's like his thoughts are too big for his size

Hes been taken, where, I dont know?

Off he goes with his perfectly unkept clothes

And there he goes...

And now I rub my eyes, for he has returned!

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned

For he still smiles, and he's still strong

Nothing's changed, but the surrounding bullshit

That has grown

And now hes home, and we're laughing like we always did

My same old, same old friend

Until a quarter-to-ten

I saw the strain creep in

He seemed distracted and I know just what is gonna happen next

Before his first step, he's off again

.........I also lost a dear friend due to an ATV accident back in the mid-90s. Lots of songs remind me of him but perhaps none more so than this one by Pearl Jam.....

Yeah, most of us did, I fear. I also lost one with the motorbike but in a much more different way..... If I think it over there is a certain affinity to the "Ballad of Katie". Strange, coming to this point in this thread....

Motorbikes are a special thing - riding them you can touch the sky in many ways. They stroke my life a few years ago. Hope, I'll be lucky with my new arrival from Kentucky....

What's the title of the Pearl Jam song you wrote down?

Hi, good evening Dragster!

Thanxx a lot for the many, many cool music stuff I was introduced on your advice!

The only flop were "The Skyhooks" - I couldn't really come into them. But anyway - I always enjoy to follow your track!

Let there be rock!

Tinkerbell

Off He Goes

Listened to it - it touched my soul....

I took the chance to dive deep into Pearl Jam yesterday. And when it comes to Grunge you soon arrive at Curt Cobain, a lost child in this glittering world of sounds and visions.

Bittersweet moments and flashbacks moving back on the timeline! So, heads up everybody - nothing else than the open road in front of us matters!

Tell you what - Ten Years After will have a gig here in my hometown on the 29th of March. And I have a ticket!

Yip!

Tinkerbell

I'll just list a few, rather try in any way to give a comprhensive list of every musician I have ever been into . . .

I Like:

WHITE ZOMBIE

PRO-PAIN

METAL CHURCH

FILTER

MARILYN MANSON

DREAM THEATER

THE OFFSPRING

NOW, I don't like everything by these bands. There's a lot I do not care for. But each of these bands has some excellent work, that I still enjoy hearing today. B):D

Archived