Bass Battle: Who would win? Jack Bruce or John Paul Jones

TheMadIrishman

Haven’t made one of these in a while but I was thinking one day, who would win in a Bass battle? Jack Bruce of the Cream, a pioneer of riffs and musical greatness or John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin, a wizard of multiple talents and ball breaking riffs. This one I feel is really tough cause I can’t really decide a winner of these two madmen. No limits, no extra anything, which would win? 

I fail to see a point behind these "vs." threads. "Jack Bruce vs. JPJ"..."Hendrix vs. Page"..."John Bonham vs. Neal Peart". Who's better? Is that what's being asked? Well, if so it's completely subjective. Some people will tell you Eric Clapton is the greatest blues guitarist of all time and others will tell you he's a cure for insomnia. Ultimately that's about all these threads ever amount to, is who someone prefers over someone else particularly when the choices presented are world class musicians regardless of whom one prefers. 

34 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I fail to see a point behind these "vs." threads. "Jack Bruce vs. JPJ"..."Hendrix vs. Page"..."John Bonham vs. Neal Peart". Who's better? Is that what's being asked? Well, if so it's completely subjective. Some people will tell you Eric Clapton is the greatest blues guitarist of all time and others will tell you he's a cure for insomnia. Ultimately that's about all these threads ever amount to, is who someone prefers over someone else particularly when the choices presented are world class musicians regardless of whom one prefers. 

That’s the hole point, which do you think would win a battle, which do you prefer. There’s no right or wrong answer is just to see what people think 

No one, Jack Bruce would show up and bitch about how awesome he is and how everyone else sucks, look around and notice JPJ failed to show as he has better things to do. Bruce would then leave in a huff, grab a pint, and bore the whole bar to death telling stories of how great he is.

7 hours ago, TheMadIrishman said:

That’s the hole point, which do you think would win a battle, which do you prefer. There’s no right or wrong answer is just to see what people think 

I prefer JPJ. So what? Who's better? I don't know, what does better even mean. Neal Peart is probably a better percussionist than John Bonham, yet I still prefer John Bonham. Is that a tie? Who cares anyway?